• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting and outsourcing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outsource to Skaro, you know it makes sense. No problems with uppity staff plus my positronic brain alone could process your entire planet's financial transations in less than 1 millisecond.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      No, that remark wasn't for you. But I can make a even better one now.
      The reason why you are making this statement ("Knowing both sides, I can see that the management side is infinitely more difficult") has only one explanation. You are not qualified for the role you are filling in now. Just as an unqualified programmer would find a compiler to be chaotic and illogical, you do find this in your role. The reason is simple. Many business managers come to their position without any qualification, any proper study or any self-learning activity. True, it's difficult to find qualified business people. Example, how many project managers do know rup, prince2, cobit, itil (and I mean properly know, not just mentioning it on the cv) and have studied all their alternative, educating themselves everyday just like a good techie does. Answer: very few (the good ones). Most of them believe that improvisation is good enough, and are backed up by even more incompetent senior managers. It's not like that. Ffs, even comedians do not improvise but they follow strict mathematical rules. Sure, you will need a creative input but that's just as useful as is for a programmer.
      Spoken like a true techie. Things rarely have "one explanation".
      Stop wasting your time with stuff that you don't understand, techie boy.
      Keep coding - until your code monkey skills are outsourced to Vikram in Bangalore.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
      X