• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australians warming up for the summer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I dislike the rule when they decide to uncontest the scrum, as it seems to penalise the better scrum.

This could be a bad year for the Aussies you know, as I really don't fancy their chances over here for the Ashes.

Anyone going to any of the test matches? I don't often tend to drink, but I do during an ashes preamble...
    If they get rid of the 'hit' and find some refs with a bleeding clue how a scrum works, front rows wouldn't get injured so much so de-powering wouldn't be necessary very often. Unfortunately, ageing forwards, who are the best for refereeing contact areas, generally can't manage the running tests for international refs. Some idiots think it's important for refs to keep up with play, even when ' play' involves a 25 year old county sprinter doing his Forrest Gump impersonation, so it's only backs that get a look in.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
    X