• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The house that MF built

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Jeez, that's no little, it's beyond little, it's so little, it's not even litt,it's almost li.

Who would live in such a place? Our smallest pad is a 2 bed bungalow, sold now, which was 70, so you'd be removing a whole room from that house.

That's tiny. How much would that be worth in Trowbridge, given it's going to be about £80k by the time you're finished?
    End terrace in the street should come in at £135-£140k. Original property was £141k with the garden plot. House at the other sold for £140k recently with a small garden. Last middle terrace was £125k 18 months ago.

So the new end terrace devalues the existing property to somewhere between £125k(min)-£135k but it's getting new bathroom/heating/ etc so hopefully in the middle. I'm expecting the new property to be £135k(min)-£145k

So total spend should be in the range £211k-£221k total return £260k-£280k. I always calculated that is was a low risk investment, I'm expecting around a £40k return, hopefully more if the house prices have moved up a bit in the last year & a half.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

55sqm isn't selling for 145 in trowbridge MF, sorry mate, but that isn't going to happen.

62sqm semi

70 sqm End terrace

I think you'll be lucky to walk away with £125k, personally. That's tiny, and new starter homes, 2 beds, 60+ sqm are currently going for 145.
      Last edited by Old Hack; 20 June 2013, 11:57.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        £260k-£280k.
        For a teeny tiny house
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          For a teeny tiny house
          2 teeny, tiny houses. The smaller one will not sell for £145, the larger one will sell for much less, as it's lost its land. I believe he'll net, after estate agents fees and income tax, something around £10k.

Comment

55sqm isn't selling for 145 in trowbridge MF, sorry mate, but that isn't going to happen.

62sqm semi

70 sqm End terrace

I think you'll be lucky to walk away with £125k, personally. That's tiny, and new starter homes, 2 beds, 60+ sqm are currently going for 145.
            Both of those are quite horrible houses. Mine's in a pretty good location in Trowbridge(if there is such a thing ;- ) & as a few houses have sold on the same road (all identical to each other) in the last 18 months & I know how much for I know I'm fairly safe.

How much do you wish to bet?

Comment

2 teeny, tiny houses. The smaller one will not sell for £145, the larger one will sell for much less, as it's lost its land. I believe he'll net, after estate agents fees and income tax, something around £10k.
              D'oh!! I didn't read it properly and whilst I know bugger all about houses and prices etc and actually I don't even know where Trowbridge is... is it south? Anyway, 600 is still teeny tiny!!
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                D'oh!! I didn't read it properly and whilst I know bugger all about houses and prices etc and actually I don't even know where Trowbridge is... is it south? Anyway, 600 is still teeny tiny!!
                Yes. Quite small starter home really. Good for renting though. We can't all build big houses like OH.

Comment

Both of those are quite horrible houses. Mine's in a pretty good location in Trowbridge(if there is such a thing ;- ) & as a few houses have sold on the same road (all identical to each other) in the last 18 months & I know how much for I know I'm fairly safe.

How much do you wish to bet?
                  Baring in mind my Sister is an estate agent in Trowbridge and an older brother a property developer in the area, I am quite happy to put £50 on it MF. Or more.

New homes, in better parts of Trowbridge are on sale at £145, that are larger, have a guarantee, plus access to the governments right to buy scheme.

You have an end terrace, tacked onto another end terrace, rendering the garden smaller on both. Another end terrace of some 15 sqm more (or another room to you and me) is on sale at £138, and isn't selling.

Post by PM and I'll take your bet MF.

Comment

Yes. Quite small starter home really. Good for renting though. We can't all build big houses like OH.

Never built a big house MF, but renovated a few big ones.

You may argue with me, that's grand, but I have been doing some hard yards on Property Development and believe in what I have found out, and know. Take the piss, that's fine, that's your MO, but you're going to be disappointed if you think 55sqm is going to shift for £145.

Comment

Never built a big house MF, but renovated a few big ones.

You may argue with me, that's grand, but I have been doing some hard yards on Property Development and believe in what I have found out, and know. Take the piss, that's fine, that's your MO, but you're going to be disappointed if you think 55sqm is going to shift for £145.
                      I'm expecting £125k/£135k when both are completed. Anything more is a bonus. Anything less is a pisser.

Comment

Working...
                      X