• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you remember (2)...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    God knows how many hours I've spent playing Morrowind, Oblivion and now Skyrim. Hundreds and hundreds for sure.
    Never really got into Morrowind.

But Oblivion, Skyrim anf Fallout - wow! Must have burned several weeks worth of my waking hours into those. Kinda weird to think that you spent, in effect, several full days of your real life living in a fantasy world!

EDIT: Someone mentioned GTA SA. Which brings to mind the countless real days of my life spent in GTA Vice City. My addiction to that over several months even had my family commenting on it!
    Last edited by nomadd; 17 May 2013, 13:42.
    nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

But Oblivion, Skyrim anf Fallout - wow! Must have burned several weeks worth of my waking hours into those. Kinda weird to think that you spent, in effect, several full days of your real life living in a fantasy world!

EDIT: Someone mentioned GTA SA. Which brings to mind the countless real days of my life spent in GTA Vice City. My addiction to that over several months even had my family commenting on it!
      Indeed in fact the first 3 3D GTA's all had great replay value and really did change what was expected of games

Was not so keen on the 4th one - to real not enough lunacy

hopefully that will be fixed for the 5th

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Yep, the GTA games from 3 onwards took up a lot of my time as well but I could never be bothered to go for 100% in any of them. As I mentioned earlier, that dedication has long since departed.

PS. Morrowind was superb, it really kicked off the open world RPG genre that Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout III and New Vegas have all built on. It was also great because there weren't really any limits to how powerful you could become. I could jump over towns and mountains by the end of it. Got a little tricky if I only needed to jump over a wall though

Comment

Never really got into GTA San Andreas but loved the last GTA. What I really liked about it was that when I visited New York, I kind of knew my way around. While wandering about I'd tell my wife how I picked up a hooker around here and murdered her or how I shot a tramp over there etc
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
            What I really liked about it was that when I visited New York, I kind of knew my way around. While wandering about I'd tell my wife how I picked up a hooker around here and murdered her or how I shot a tramp over there etc
            Now that's a holiday to remember.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Working...
            X