• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can you remember...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pong, had the game for years.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
      EDIT: I had an on-off relationship with games for the next 10 years. Until Doom hit, and then my life just disappeared. Never been the same since.
      Elite for the C64 was the biggie for me until years later Doom on PC
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Doom was ok

but before that I loved Rebelstar Raiders, Lords of midnight and a neat little game called Chaos
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I still play Nethack on linux boxes.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            The first real game was on the IBM, Larry the lounge lizard. It was very close to my life at the time, almost a documentary.
            Remake is out next month: Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded, the re-make of the first game in the series, is out in June &bull; News &bull; PC &bull; Eurogamer.net

Chance to re-live your womanising days.
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Probably Kingdom on the school BBC Micro. By "playing" I mean there was about 35 of us crowded round this new magical thing called a "computer".
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

There was one game.
                boogered if I can remember what it was called

you were a burgular, you planned all your moves into the bank, avoiding the guards and the dogs and the sensors
                then you busted the vault and made your getaway.

then you clicked 'go' and watched all your team start their moves, then watched as your plans turn to ruin as the guards spotted you and you were arrested and taken away
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

We had 'TV games' that pre-dated computer games. Basically a knob you turned to move a paddle (or set of paddles for football) up and down while the ball bounced backwards and forwards. We had the lightgun for Skeet too, but that stopped working after my sister dropped it. Took it to the tip a couple of years before ebay took off, and saw one going for a fortune!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    There was one game.
                    boogered if I can remember what it was called

you were a burgular, you planned all your moves into the bank, avoiding the guards and the dogs and the sensors
                    then you busted the vault and made your getaway.

then you clicked 'go' and watched all your team start their moves, then watched as your plans turn to ruin as the guards spotted you and you were arrested and taken away

...Or are these simply reminisces of teenage years spent in a borstal?

nomadd liked this post

Comment

Trek and advent on an Intel MDS.

Comment

Working...
                      X