• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Game of Thrones character are you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am watching the TV series and reading the books. Oddly I am pretty much at the same places in each.

They are different but both enjoyable. My favorite characters are the Braavosi. The Dancing master and the Jaqen H'ghar - they are awesome!!!
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

I got to the stage with the books, where I was wondering where the hell he was going with the storyline with some of the characters. I have noticed that they have tidied up some of the storylines with certain characters in the series.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I was thinking I'd wait until the TV series has finished before reading the books. I have to admit, this third series has been pretty slow. All the characters seem to be wandering around the countryside not really doing anything, with only the occasional bear (and bare) scene to make things interesting.
        Last edited by VectraMan; 15 May 2013, 08:54. Reason: wandering not wondering you moron
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It being slow is common comment but I think it is fascinating. I love seeing how their world works behind the scenes, how the powerful jostle for position and work their schemes etc. Obviously I love the battle scenes as well but I think that seeing how on a poltical and economic knife edge King's Landing is and how they juggle the requirements to keep armies, weddings, food etc going all at the same time whilst fighting two wars is riviting.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            It being slow is common comment but I think it is fascinating. I love seeing how their world works behind the scenes, how the powerful jostle for position and work their schemes etc.
            That's been lacking too. We haven't had nearly enough of Baelish and Varys scheming and manipulating everybody around them; Tyrion seems to have become a weak character, just doing what his Father says and Joffrey isn't doing much either. But we have had a lot of Sansa moaning, Arya saying "it's not fair", slamming her door and blasting her music (i.e. she's become a stroppy teenager), and Rob Stark's army STILL haven't reached Kings Landing despite setting off 3 years ago.

Get on with it!
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              That's been lacking too. We haven't had nearly enough of Baelish and Varys scheming and manipulating everybody around them; Tyrion seems to have become a weak character, just doing what his Father says and Joffrey isn't doing much either. But we have had a lot of Sansa moaning, Arya saying "it's not fair", slamming her door and blasting her music (i.e. she's become a stroppy teenager), and Rob Stark's army STILL haven't reached Kings Landing despite setting off 3 years ago.

Get on with it!
              Perhaps we are looking at it differently?

SPOILERS

Stark's army have lost their way as Rob lost his focus. He went the funeral, got married etc and is now struggling to actually keep his army in one piece so it can do anything. It makes sense as one the initial eurphoria of "yeah lets get 'em" and a few victories as the Lannisters underestimated him has started to fade and he is realising just how massive the task he has undertaken is and how difficult it is to be a king.

We have seen Baelish scheming, have a look at what Baelish has managed to swing for himself (his new wife and holdings etc). Varys has not been featured much which is a shame as he is an awesome character. However we have the new scheming of Joffrey's wife to be, her grandmother and Lord Tywin to watch. Along with the Lord of Fire's sevants emerging. Dani's ingenious scheming with the unsullied etc.

The major political battle now seems to be between the Lannisters and Tyrells. Margaery is running rings around Joffrey, has buried Cersei and her grandmother stomped on Tyrion although she hit a wall when meeting Tywin. The battle over Sansa was fascinating to watch as they cold war raged over her marriage.

I agree that they could find more for Arya to do other than rant how unfair things are.

Tyrion has become less prominant but I think this show was a force Lord Tywin really is, even Cersei is reduced to doing what she is told when he is there. Tyrion does not seem to be doing a huge amount compared to last series so far, which is a shame as he is awesome too and my wife has a crush on him(!).

I like finding more out about Jamie too and I like Briene as a character.

SPOILERS END
              Last edited by MyUserName; 15 May 2013, 10:17. Reason: Mixed names up again!

Comment

Do you mean Tywin or is there a Tyrell that I haven't seen yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Do you mean Tywin or is there a Tyrell that I haven't seen yet?
                  ******** hell I keep confusing those names - I meant Tywin!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    ******** hell I keep confusing those names - I meant Tywin!!!
                    Tywin, Tyrion, Tyrell. What could possibly be confusing?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      Does this Tyrell chappie have a corporation?

No, just a very rich family, and an army.

<slight spoiler>
                      And a little tulip of a grandson who's the king.
                      </slight spoiler>

Comment

Working...
                      X