• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England's chances in the World Cup ..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South American teams

It seems from the stats that South American teams don't do well in Europe. Based on that and the fact that England have an excellent (attacking?) line-up and (for the first time?) a month's break before the competition, so they will be rested instead of knackered - I don't think there is any team in Europe we can't beat, with a bit of luck.
    For those reasons I think the odds for England are on the side of the punter.

Comment

Re: South American teams

It seems from the stats that South American teams don't do well in Europe.
      But is that still true? These days the overwhelming majority of the Brazil and Argentina squad ply their trade in Europe.
      Last night I watched the Brazil vs. Mexico game… Brazil certainly aren’t invincible, and the boy wonder Robinho was non existent. Given a bit of luck, England can win the world cup…we just need to practice those penalties!

Comment

Has anyone watched the womens' football?

The finnish team looked quite hot. The germans not really much. Since the coach is a male I wonder if he is allowed to go to the changing room after the game, as every coach should do.

Comment

Since the coach is a male I wonder if he is allowed to go to the changing room after the game, as every coach should do.
          He could give a pep talk whilst the players are showering.

Wage in "now planning a career change" mode.

Comment

Women's game

Well the women's game could be "improved" with bare midriffs and skin tight tiny liitle shorts (thongs mandatory) :b .... excuse me I'm off to touch meself ....

Comment

Re: Women's game

we just need to practice those penalties
              You know, that's a really good point !

Why have all the hassle and fuss and the 90 mins messing around, when the two teams can just turn up for a penalty shoot out ?

I argue that that would be more exciting than watching the match beforehand.

Both teams start with 0 points.

Each goal is a point.

First to 3 points, wins.

Comment

In true neutral scottish fashion (And I am actually neutral vis a vis England) I have to say it's the best english squad since the early nineties.

But I think strength in depth let's you down outside of the back four. Got some great central midfielders but no real width to the team and no world class striker's once you get past Owen and Rooney makes England predictable and vulnerable to injuries/suspensions.

But with a bit of luck they can still do it, but they're not favourites by any stretch. Though I'm guessing in the build up the English press will have them as odds on certanties, as per usual. And when they do get beat, they'll have been robbed once again ...

Comment

I have to say it's the best english squad since the early nineties.
                  Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas, Andy Sinton...are you sure!?

Comment

I was thinking Adams, Pearce, Gazza, Shearer, Lineker, Sheringham, Barnes etc - all those guys. World cup 94, Euro 96 (Mid ninties then, not early).

Comment

You were right first time

Surely the 1990 team has the best claim to be the best England team since 1966?

Comment

Working...
                      X