• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Summer holidays ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Canaries for us in Sept with my parents.... babysitters on tap, woo hoo!
    Fuerteventura is good with kiddies in tow
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      We put our youngest in for 3 days a week this year, just to play with other kids etc. I don't think I have ever had such a constant stream of viruses. I know it's good for the kid to build its immunity, but you do get fed up of it.

Can't wait for her to come back out in June.

Nice to have the olds to babysit, and I am deeply envious.
      Everyone says that immunity will be much improved by the time he goes to school thanks to the constant stream of colds etc.... meanwhile we are keeping Kleenex in profits

Yep, it's great to have them there - better than spending 2 weeks with them in Ireland, thats for sure. My Dad doesn't drink so Mam gets sozzled on the cheap wine on the patio and me and himself can indulge.

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Fuerteventura is good with kiddies in tow
      It's Lanzarote for us. We've been going to the same place for years and it's handy for everything. We keep thinking about trying out Fuerteventura but never quite manage to not book Lanzarote
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by proggy View Post
        There are other lands out there other than Spain and the U.K., have a look at a map, you don't have to choose either middle of Spain or Touristy part of Spain.

There are even other big bits of land with lots of whole other countries in them!, these are called continents such as Asia, Africa, South America etc. One of these is where the OP talked about going.

Did you go to the same school as Mich?
        Oh dear, the op was posting about Spain, and the central dusty parts, then you commented about him only visiting touristy bits. I was referring to that you dense coont.

I've done my travelling, and with 3 kids, we prefer to go to our house in france in summer. We've put travelling on the back burner having very young kids.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Everyone says that immunity will be much improved by the time he goes to school thanks to the constant stream of colds etc.... meanwhile we are keeping Kleenex in profits

Yep, it's great to have them there - better than spending 2 weeks with them in Ireland, thats for sure. My Dad doesn't drink so Mam gets sozzled on the cheap wine on the patio and me and himself can indulge.

It's Lanzarote for us. We've been going to the same place for years and it's handy for everything. We keep thinking about trying out Fuerteventura but never quite manage to not book Lanzarote
          We have friends from Lanzarote, the ex chief of police's daughter who now lives here, if you're ever in need, we get on very well Great place.

The immunity will come, it did with the other 2, and they are rarely ill nowadays. But as you say, you do get fed up being sick as a dog for 6 months; she brought one home this Jan, lasted a week on her, 3 weeks on my wife and I.

I hope you have fun.

Comment

Working...
          X