• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    i looked into this.
    You can apply after 40 you simply get less points on the age criteria, which you have to make up somewhere else.
    As a Chartered Statistician I score highly on the Approved Occupations List, so does my wife.
    Or I can sell my properties and take the cash - Let's just say it's a tidy sum and they wouldn't say no.
    I've already had an agency offering me a sponsored visa of some kind.

HTH, BIDI
    Sorry mate, but you're completely wrong. They stop you applying aged over 40. Period.

As for the Approved Occupations list, I'd love to see Chartered statistician on there, I really would, for you do understand how this worked don't you? Nah, I didn't think so. What they do, is each year, compile a list of people whom they need in the country. One year, this may mean Carpenters getting 80 points, and GP's 5. You haven't researched it, it's just another one of your over riding needy posts. And, it doesn't fecking matter what your occupation is, as they will not even take the application form from your calloused hands, for you are too old. That ship has sailed mate.

As for the money, don't make me fecking laugh. You have to bring in a shed load of money, and guarantee you'll employ a number of people, Aussies that is. And they check over a 3 year period that you're not trying it on.

You make me laugh Sas, for you really haven't looked this tulip up.

We got in years and years ago thanks

I hear Cornwall turned down fat boy as they didn't want their cornish pasty export to be decimated

Comment

Problem with OH is he's not terribly skilled and assumes everyone must be like himself.
      All the imagination of a pub bore, you see.
      Not terribly skilled , no, I am not, I am wonderfully skilled, thanks. I just assume you are terribly skilled.

Just looked into this - Oz don't have a "wealthy incomer" permit until you are 55, unlike a few other countries I researched. And then you need £500K Oz dollars, which isn't anything at all.
      You really are a bit of a joke mate; are you telling me, that Oz will let you in with A$800,000? That wouldn't buy you a tulip tip in Potts point, and would barely cover a house up most of the east coast.

If you go in on Money, you have to have a shed load, and prove you will not be a burden on the system/state, for 5 years.

You're a fecking liability here mate, so you'll have fook all chance there

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Sorry mate, but you're completely wrong. They stop you applying aged over 40. Period.

As for the Approved Occupations list, I'd love to see Chartered statistician on there, I really would, for you do understand how this worked don't you? Nah, I didn't think so. What they do, is each year, compile a list of people whom they need in the country. One year, this may mean Carpenters getting 80 points, and GP's 5. You haven't researched it, it's just another one of your over riding needy posts. And, it doesn't fecking matter what your occupation is, as they will not even take the application form from your calloused hands, for you are too old. That ship has sailed mate.

As for the money, don't make me fecking laugh. You have to bring in a shed load of money, and guarantee you'll employ a number of people, Aussies that is. And they check over a 3 year period that you're not trying it on.

You make me laugh Sas, for you really haven't looked this tulip up.

We got in years and years ago thanks

I hear Cornwall turned down fat boy as they didn't want their cornish pasty export to be decimated
        maybe you're right. I'll get my wife to apply then - she's under 40 and defintely on the Skilled Occupations List (the latest one I can see) being an Accountant by qualificiation and an ED in an investment bank by job. Come to that they may may even transfer her to Sydney.
        There are ways and means ....
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

You really are a bit of a joke mate; are you telling me, that Oz will let you in with A$800,000?
          actually it was A$500,000 on the retirement visa. Maybe its gone up but even if it was double that still Ok.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

maybe you're right. I'll get my wife to apply then - she's under 40 and defintely on the Skilled Occupations List (the latest one I can see) being an Accountant by qualificiation and an ED in an investment bank by job. Come to that they may may even transfer her to Sydney.
            There are ways and means ....
            Another one in a long line of BS

Comment

Why not take a look at NZ instead of Aus?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Another one in a long line of BS
                If you wish to think so, be my guest.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

actually it was A$500,000 on the retirement visa. Maybe its gone up but even if it was double that still Ok.
                  BS

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Why not take a look at NZ instead of Aus?
                    A little too quiet? Not sure I'd like Oz anyway, been on holiday, a little too boring.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

BS
                      Investor Retirement (Subclass 405)
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X