• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Night away within 3 hours of london

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    I want to see some countryside, eat good food. And get drunk on the sunday night
    The Bull & Butcher

Cracking pub in a lovely countryside village.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      And laid too?
      I'm happily married, so I never get laid.

I'd recommend anywhere on the jurassic coast, its within your range and there's lots of things to do in different weathers.

Absolutely beautiful if the weathers good tho, its worth the gamble. (Wexham).
      Last edited by Scoobos; 1 May 2013, 09:47.

Comment

Anywhere on the M25 will be within three hours or five at bank holiday weekend
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Beat me to it! And that picture is of the 'Old Town' - not actual Swindon.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Try getting somewhere in Bourton-on-the-Water in Gloucestershire. We have stayed at The Old Manse a couple of times. Lovely little village with plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from, and some walks nearby in the Cotswolds too.

HTH
            Nice call from fat boy. Lovely area.

Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
            Did think about Le Touquet actually, but to drive in france now you need a fire extinguisher, a breathaliser and numerous other things that i probably wont be able to get in time for then.
            We stop in Le Touquet every visit to France on the last couple of nights, as they have some great restaurants, some great nightlife, and it's really only a hop and skip away. Lots of nice boutique hotels, and even the Holiday inn and Sofitel are acceptable. Shopping is, apparently, good too.

How about a trip to the West country. Get off at Marlborough for brekkie, walk around, then drive towards Bath on the A4 via Silbury hill, nip into Avebury, then onto Bath for the night in the spa, followed the next day by a trip into Cheddar, and night and next day in bristol. All great places to go and very doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Anywhere on the M25 will be within three hours or five at bank holiday weekend
              My thoughts exactly.

Though to be fair it will take 3 hours to get there on Sunday morning but 5.5 hours or 7 hours if it's hot to return on a Monday.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                My thoughts exactly.

Though to be fair it will take 3 hours to get there on Sunday morning but 5.5 hours or 7 hours if it's hot to return on a Monday.
                Zip out of town early doors, you'll be in France by 9, si vous prenez le tunnel sous la manche

Comment

I would suggest Weymouth, Studland or Swanage however, by car would make it hell and the trains are unreliable.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Cannizaro house hotel in wimbledon. Go for a walk on the common, and there are a few nice pubs and restaurants around.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Down Hall Country House in Hatfield Heath, in Essex

They should have a spare room or two
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X