• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone looking for a camper van

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the question has to be, why ?

why 6x6 ?

why a 6x6 landrover, will the 300tdi really pull all that ?

for that money, you could buy and convert a Unimog or a one of these:

Reynolds Boughton R.H.D, RB 44 Truck Cab Hard Rear Body, #35208 - MOD Sales, Military Vehicles & Used Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale

Landrovers are beautiful, charismatic, great fun for local off roading,

but can you trust their reliability for a long overland trip ?

And the 6x6 despite how well it may be engineered, there is so much to go wrong

Best would be an old Toyota Hilux with a roof tent

simples

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Darn - I'd have considered buying that a couple of weeks ago. Even started a thread here asking about Land Rovers.

But I'm driving up to Manchester tomorrow to collect my new (used) 2007 3 litre Jag.
      What did you buy?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        What did you buy?
        Not sure of the exact model. I'll find out when I get there. But it looked good in the photos.

The guy in the dealers asked if I'd like to visit and view it before buying it. But what's the point - I'd only walk round it and kick the tyres a couple of times.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This looks interesting.

EPS, Springer ATV, #43613 - MOD Sales, Military Vehicles & Used Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
            What did you buy?
            XJ6 V6 Auto - One of these, but mine was black and £8K instead of £50K

How in God's name can 60K on the clock make such a vast difference in price?!
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X