• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher did not destroy Britains manufacturing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Thank you Dominic Lawson in the Sunday Times

Contrary to popular opinion of the left:

As Joseph Goebbels is said to have observed, if a lie is told often enough, it is believed.
    And the Sunday Times doesn't lie? Remind me again, who owns the Sunday Times? Ah yes, Murdoch, one of Thatchers media inner circles...

Rupert Murdoch and former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher held a secret meeting at Chequers ahead of the media tycoon's takeover of Times newspapers, it has been revealed.
    Mr Murdoch personally lobbied the PM over Sunday lunch on January 4, 1981, Mrs Thatcher's files show.
    Neither party has ever admitted that such a meeting took place, but details of the meeting have now been uncovered in a note written by Mrs Thatcher’s press secretary Bernard Ingham and marked 'Commercial - In Confidence'.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      So would my mum. Although hers was a 2500 I think.
      My father's SD1 was a 2300. Althought it's possible 200 had fallen off before it left the dealership. It was a company car; he had it for about 4 months of which most of the time was spent in the dealer's workshop, then his (American) boss demanded all the Rovers were taken back and refunded and he got a BMW instead, which was perhaps the most positive bit about having a company Rover; you knew it would be replaced by something better.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        The Maserati Quattroporte III used Austin Allegro switchgear...
        The current Aston Martins use Ford and Volvo switchgear amongst other components...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatfell View Post

Is it just co-incidental that BMW bought Land Rover, brought out the X5 (their first 4WD) then got shot of it?
          4WD was available on the 3 and 5 series in the 80's...

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            And the Sunday Times doesn't lie? Remind me again, who owns the Sunday Times? Ah yes, Murdoch, one of Thatchers media inner circles...

So there you have it. Dominic Lawson the son of Thatchers chancellor is lying because of who he is and because he works for the Times. It is the feeble pathetic way that every little pri*k with no argument of their own defends their own bigotry- by trashing the person making the argument rather than try and put forward a counter argument.

If this is all a pack of lies and utter nonsense then why don't you challenge it properly and argue it?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

So there you have it. Dominic Lawson the son of Thatchers chancellor is lying because of who he is and because he works for the Times. It is the feeble pathetic way that every little pri*k with no argument of their own defends their own bigotry- by trashing the person making the argument rather than try and put forward a counter argument.

If this is all a pack of lies and utter nonsense then why don't you challenge it properly and argue it?
              Which bit of Lawson's piece was a lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Which bit of Lawson's piece was a lie?
                I think our Euro cretin is burning the google servers to oblivion as we write
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I think our Euro cretin is burning the google servers to oblivion as we write
                  I never said it was a lie, I was just pointing out that it could be an untruth, dick...I mean all you did was cut and paste from a newspaper which anything halfwit could do without checking to see if it was true as any incompetent numbskull could. Now lets get some more insults flowing

Comment

I never said it was a lie, I was just pointing out that it could be an untruth, dick...I mean all you did was cut and paste from a newspaper which anything halfwit could do without checking to see if it was true as any incompetent numbskull could. Now lets get some more insults flowing
                    Your point could be applied to any journalist or point of view, it just so happens that instead of taking on the argument and arguing agaist it you decided that the cowardly way was best .. to smear the person who wrote it.

Now let us hear you argue your point.

Comment

It looks correct to me. What made you imply it could contain lies?

Comment

Working...
                      X