• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The possibility of major economic chaos in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No I'm living off the spectacular daily rate my foreign client pays me.
    HTH, BIDI.
    What is the North Korean Won (KPW)? | GoCurrency.com
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Easy situation to resolve: EU membership inc. bailouts of most other EU countries = £56 million per day x 365 = £20,440,000,000 - debt interest repayments £21 billion per year. Repeal human rights laws stopping claims on the public purse from prisoners, illegal immigrants etc and you're just about sorted
      Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
        Easy situation to resolve: EU membership inc. bailouts of most other EU countries = £56 million per day x 365 = £20,440,000,000 - debt interest repayments £21 billion per year. Repeal human rights laws stopping claims on the public purse from prisoners, illegal immigrants etc and you're just about sorted
        I think you're at least a factor of two out on the interest, and that's just the interest. You'd need to find £150bn odd per year just to cancel out the deficit.

The debt won't get repaid. There's already so much resistance to even the tiniest attempt to reduce over spending there just no way we'll ever get back to breaking even, let alone paying anything back. Even if there's an economic boom, it'll be wiped out by Labour getting back into power on the back of the promise of a spending spree.

I see this ending one of 5 ways:

1. The western world agrees to cancel each others debts, and defaults on the debts to everyone else. World War 3 breaks out.
        2. A communist world power takes control of the globe. Money lending becomes a relic of capitalism, therefore all debts are cancelled.
        3. The human race evolves beyond the need for money and material possessions.
        4. Aliens enslave us all.
        5. All of the above.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I suppose your complete lack of economics knowledge is no barrier to running an umbrella company.
          Nevertheless, I'd wonder what else you don't know
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Easy situation to resolve: EU membership inc. bailouts of most other EU countries = £56 million per day x 365 = £20,440,000,000 - debt interest repayments £21 billion per year. Repeal human rights laws stopping claims on the public purse from prisoners, illegal immigrants etc and you're only borrowing another £80m a year
            DYSFU
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              DYSFU
              I don't know what that means so I put it into Google - erectile disfunction apparently - so sorry Doodab

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I suppose your complete lack of economics knowledge is no barrier to running an umbrella company.
                Nevertheless, I'd wonder what else you don't know
                Ahhh haa haa haa haa - that was so funny I very nearly laughed

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

Ahhh haa haa haa haa - that was so funny I very nearly laughed
                  It was one of these things that would have been funny had it not been so sad.
                  Not very smart to come on a public forum and reveal your total lack of mastery of numbers when you're supposed to be managing other people's money, wouldn't you say?

But do keep digging.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

It was one of these things that would have been funny had it not been so sad.
                    Not very smart to come on a public forum and reveal your total lack of mastery of numbers when you're supposed to be managing other people's money, wouldn't you say?

But do keep digging.
                    Yes, yes, yes I am sure you're right Sas

Follow us on Twitter.

Comment

I don't know what that means
                      Did your sums for you. As you seem to think that 20 million of savings will plug a 100 million gap in the public finances.

Interesting that your first and only thought was to reach for google and you took the top result without considering whether it had any meaning in context. Sign of the times I suppose.
                      Last edited by doodab; 16 April 2013, 08:32.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X