• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jury service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jury service

You can WFJ - work from jury box...

Comment

I was called up 2 or so years ago and got an exemption, on the basis that I am the only income earner and in generic terms being 'self employed' cannot afford any loss of income. Email them to this effect and they will provide an exemption (as opposed to a deferral).

Comment

I got called up when i was 18 and being a youth i never bothered going, just never went, never heard another word from them even though i thinks its contempt of court

I would love to get called up again probably never will though

Comment

I was called once, although it was in the US. After "interviewing" each jury to be that day, I was released, because I have a relative who is an attorney. My opinion would have been biased they claimed. I got about 9 quid. My opinion is biased anyway, what do they know... .
          My mind has gone blank. I wonder if it was always that way.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            we can put you up in the keep which has bedpans. Or you can wee in the moat.
            dam spill chequers
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I asked for a deferral last January (busy on project) until April. Got called again in July.

With the PCG insurance I wasn't really that much out of pocket.

IMO everybody should do it if called, it's not only a civic duty but quite an eye opener to the underclasses...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
              X