• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage tax relief on BTL properties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, tax relief is the wrong term for this.

I was referring to offsetting the mortgage costs against rent received .

Another question which I'm sure will expose me to the ridicule of Northern Blad - what are your views on holiday lets vs normal residential lets? Seems to be higher returns possible IF you get the punters in ie full up most of the summer and weekends rest of the year.

Comment

Yes MIRAS is dead......watch out for the window tax though!!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
        Ok, tax relief is the wrong term for this.

I was referring to offsetting the mortgage costs against rent received .

Another question which I'm sure will expose me to the ridicule of Northern Blad - what are your views on holiday lets vs normal residential lets? Seems to be higher returns possible IF you get the punters in ie full up most of the summer and weekends rest of the year.

Jesus! Next you will want our help in wiping your arse as well.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          Jesus! Next you will want our help in wiping your arse as well.
          I think Gricerboy does that for him.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Unless there's been a recent change I've missed, interest on a loan taken out to fund a business is a tax-deductible expense. Whether the loan is secured and on what property (in the case of buy-to-let business your own or the BTL one) should be irrelevant. For a loan taken out on your own property you may be called on to prove it was specifically taken out for the purpose of funding the BTL.

Comment

Working...
            X