• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I have some of what they're smoking...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed that without fail female passengers always put their bags on the seat next to them...so women should be charged double

Comment

so women should be charged double
      Nope, they should be at home doing the ironing and making me some PIE!!!!!

Comment

As GBB has already pointed out, peak travel tickets are already substantially more expensive (they are on GNER thats for sure !)

This can be used to your advantage if you "know the system" !!!

Comment

I have noticed that without fail female passengers always put their bags on the seat next to them
          Are you mad? It's summer, and the pretty young ladies are wearing their lovely summer outfits I love summer

Comment

Top Tip

Dont book a single ticket. Do some research.

The railways charge based on destination, departure and arrival times so if you must arrive in London at 10 then do so from Milton Keynes. Break your journey up into small sections that one or more criteria falls without the peak charging area.

HTH |I

Comment

Re: Top Tip

Dont book a single ticket
              Not necessarily. For example, Virgin Trains fares between London and Birmingham are substantially cheaper if you buy two singles rather than one return (in fact, the ticket booking websh1tes even advise you to do this).

Comment

Sorry, not made myself clear, dont just book one ticket from departure to destination, buy three or four tickets to way point on route.
                i.e.
                To get from Lancaster to London.
                Book Lancaster - Wigan, Wigan - Rugby, Rugby - Wembley and then Wembley - Euston or some weird combo.

Comment

The way to ease all congestion is to have fewer people in this country - now at 60 million we are, quite simply, full up.

Comment

Exactly Mr Widget,

"multiple tickets per journey" is a brilliant way to travel and can save a packet at the same time.

Last time I was challenged by a young and keen jobsworth GNER ticket inspector I let him make a bit of a fuss - I let the argument roll-on for 5 mins then got bored with bear baiting

Like a smartarse I produced a printout of section C17 from the national conditions of carriage (which all the train operating companies have to comply with) - which states ....

"You may use two or more tickets..." blah blah

Needless to say he was a beaten man !

Everytime he sees me now he just smiles politely and clips both tickets...bless him !

Comment

Sorry, not made myself clear, dont just book one ticket from departure to destination, buy three or four tickets to way point on route.
                      Ah, gotcha. Nice piece of lateral thinking there.

Comment

Working...
                      X