• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AUDGBP aussielong 1.45

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read an article saying for example lemons are £3 each and even "low paid" menial jobs pay equivalent of £20/hr. Such is the weakness of GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I read an article saying for example lemons are £3 each and even "low paid" menial jobs pay equivalent of £20/hr. Such is the weakness of GBP.
      I saw that article too...

BBC News - Australia: Where the good life comes at a price

Comment

I was getting 18 dollars an hour for working behind a bar in 2001.

Comment

its pretty funny watching 'wanted down under' when the prospective migrants see the price of houses in Sterling. Mostly they are in denial about the value of the houses...no idiots its the fall of Sterling!

Should be even funnier now. Might even be one who faints.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Once the Chinese have extracted all Oz's mineral wealth it'll return to the sleepy 3rd rate provincial economic backwater it is.
            The Ozzies are a bit like Arabs, their economy is nothing without their natural resources.

Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

If it falls much further it will reach parity with the average IQ of a contractor
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I remember the Aussie government taking the p1ss out of us three or four years ago, about our spendthrift ways and our growing deficit, while they were trying to keep theirs down.

They were right of course.

Amazing. Aussies being right.

Comment

I was making AUD 65 an hour coding some crap in Perl in Sydney in 2000.

It was 3.2 AUD/GP to the pound then. I though I was being ripped off.
                  Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Once the Chinese have extracted all Oz's mineral wealth it'll return to the sleepy 3rd rate provincial economic backwater it is.
                    The Ozzies are a bit like Arabs, their economy is nothing without their natural resources.

Do you know 1/3 of the worlds uranium is under the ground in Oz, and yet largely untapped. India wants it. But I suppose you could be right.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                      Do you know 1/3 of the worlds uranium is under the ground in Oz, and yet largely untapped. India wants it. But I suppose you could be right.
                      Twat is right I'm afraid.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X