• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Road Rage Experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It's actually funny seeing cyclists have road rage when you know full well that they can't be seen in a lorry or a vans mirrors due to how they have positioned themselves.
    As a cyclist this amazes the crap out of me as well. You need to learn to ride safely and keep yourself safe, not get apoplectic when you put yourself in harms way. What annoys me are the ones who cut down the inside of long vehicles and then seem surprised when they get squeezed as it turns. You can illustrate this to a 5 year old with a few bits of lego, it's not rocket science.
    Last edited by doodab; 3 March 2013, 12:40.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      I am currently on an emergancy tyre and cannot exceed 50mph.

Lorries seem to go mad about it and beep their horns at me etc.

*sigh*
      That's because the purpose of the emergency tyre is to get you to the tyre shop to get your proper tyre fixed. If you are driving around on it long term then you are a nuisance to other road users.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

When I drive to London to visit the aged parents I can't help thinking that something happens soon as you get inside the M25. Suddenly the level of aggression rises. The same things applied when I paddled The Thames in my kayak a couple of years back. No problems until London, then we had fishermen threatening violence, people in inflatables trying to intimidate us by driving straight at us, drunks in power boats pulling out without looking, you name it. Everyone in London seems to be two steps away from losing their temper.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          That's because the purpose of the emergency tyre is to get you to the tyre shop to get your proper tyre fixed. If you are driving around on it long term then you are a nuisance to other road users.
          If the tyre shop is at the end of the motorway due to them closing the nearest tyre shop to your client that is not on a motorway route then you are going to have to drive down the motorway to get to it.

It's fine driving on the motorway at 50mph - the M25 has speed restrictions most days of the week in rush hour limiting you to less than that.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
            Everyone in London seems to be two steps away from losing their temper.
            And that's the calm ones.

There is a baseline level of stress caused by factors such as the high ambient noise levels, lack of personal space when commuting and general need to queue for absolutely ******* everything. Most people will deny this and claim they have "adjusted" and "cope well" but the reality is they are seething with rage.

London turns people into *****. It's a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              If the tyre shop is at the end of the motorway due to them closing the nearest tyre shop to your client that is not on a motorway route then you are going to have to drive down the motorway to get to it.

It's fine driving on the motorway at 50mph - the M25 has speed restrictions most days of the week in rush hour limiting you to less than that.
              Yes it is, to get home or whatever, but my impression was that the poster didn't get his puncture on the way to work on Friday. He's probably been driving around like that for weeks. He'll probably keep driving around like that until his car fails the MOT, which it will if he doesn't get a proper tyre fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by socialworker View Post
                When I drive to London to visit the aged parents I can't help thinking that something happens soon as you get inside the M25. Suddenly the level of aggression rises. The same things applied when I paddled The Thames in my kayak a couple of years back. No problems until London, then we had fishermen threatening violence, people in inflatables trying to intimidate us by driving straight at us, drunks in power boats pulling out without looking, you name it. Everyone in London seems to be two steps away from losing their temper.
                Yep the levels of aggression do increase.

More interestingly it's worse in some areas than others so it's always good to know side roads particularly in some areas as some people really will not give way.

I was in a very rough part of London a few years ago and we escaped down a side road leaving two men - one in a beemer the other in an audi both refusing to reverse so they could progress. From the sounds of it they were more willing to get out of their cars and beat each other up.

Oh and all the cars had children in them.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

When I was young I recall some hooligan essentially forcing our car off the road and then confronting my father about some perceived violation of right of way or another, complete with angry snarling dog.

I think they should make some sort of mental stability exam part of the driving test TBH.

Comment

Working...
                  X