• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England post-mortem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    Don't lower your expectations. Scotland will qualify for the world cup tournament from time to time, but will never win. It would be unrealistic to expect a truly world-beating team to come out of Scotland.
    In 1974 the Scots had what should have been a semi-final team, and once in a semi-final, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      Before the match, when we heard the ref identified, my GF said, oh well, it's all over then. No comment.
      All the refereeing has been poor, not entirely their fault.

If England are to do better, they have to learn how to dive better and squeal a bit more, like everyone else. Fans and players abroad will all tell you they treat it as part of the game.

Comment

And if England are do to better then they ought to make sure the likes of this hoodlum does not wear the England shirt

If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser
          And if England are do to better then they ought to make sure the likes of this hoodlum does not wear the England shirt

This hoodlum should never have been sent off. He was remarkably restrained considering Ronaldos head but and the fact he was kicked all over the place. The picture in question does not show the full story. 2 cheating twats hacked at him (no whistle) one falls over behind our thug and pulled our thug backwards with him causing our thug to lose his balance. Our thug had to put his foot somewhere. I think he deliberately put more weight on it than it needed, but I don't see that he could have missed the cheat.
          I notice the ref didn't blow up untill our thug had done something.
          If he was sent of for pushing then how come he only warned the cheating gits for pushing our chaps before hand and why didnt he send off all the cheating gits who came storming in afterwards.

I justy wish for once we could lose a game that had no controversy whatsoever.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Although it has to be said England played far better after Rooney was sent off and had this not happened and raised England's game you could imagine Portugal winning in normal time.

Comment

I'm absolutely disgusted. Ricardo Carvalho actually grabbed Rooney's foot and started stroking his goolies with it. Ronaldo then told the referee he knew where he lived and he'd better get the red card out or else. This happened just at the wrong time when Rooney was about to score about ten goals at once! And don't get me started on the penalties! Did you notice how the goal posts drew nearer everytime Ricardo was in goal? I mean, what's the point??

Comment

Don't start on the penalties.

The rules say the keeper can dive left or right, but must not come forward.
                Our idiot normally stays on his line and still saves some. He watched the cheats keeper dive half way to the spot (with no retakes) and tried to emulate him. Their guy is used to cheating and getting away with it, our guy changed his normal mode and buggered it right up.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  Don't start on the penalties.

The rules say the keeper can dive left or right, but must not come forward.
                  Our idiot normally stays on his line and still saves some. He watched the cheats keeper dive half way to the spot (with no retakes) and tried to emulate him. Their guy is used to cheating and getting away with it, our guy changed his normal mode and buggered it right up.
                  absolute crap. Watch the penalties again, if you can stand it. They were saved fair and square, mainly because of the English players' feeble shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinto
                    absolute crap. Watch the penalties again, if you can stand it. They were saved fair and square, mainly because of the English players' feeble shots.
                    Feeble shots for sure, but the keeper was well forward when he saved them.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

According to Eriksson, Rooney has been unrepentant.

There was no admission of guilt and no apology to his team-mates. "He is not that type of person. I spoke to Wayne and his opinion was that it was not intentional.

I then went to the referee's room for a private chat and, when I asked him whether it was a red card, he was 100% sure. I asked him where the player [Carvalho] had been hit and the referee pointed exactly where.

So, no complaints. I have seen it on television and I couldn't complain about it."
                      If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                      X