• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Triple dip anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Funnily enough, when the GDP figures were announced, the market sunk, took out all the stops and promptly reversed.

As for triple dip recession, we're already in it. Only the politicians are trying to maintain the illusion that we aren't.
    I don't think it's a recession. It's the way things are and they way they'll stay for quite some time.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If this is a depression lets have more of it.
      sasguru towers has never done better.
      Mind you I did store the fat of the good years away to tide me over in the lean.
      A lesson from my childhood reading of the OT (Jospeh and the Egyptians) that always stayed with me.

And the other thing the bible says: to him that has shall be given more.
      Let me be the first (of many here) to congratulate you.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Funnily enough, when the GDP figures were announced, the market sunk, took out all the stops and promptly reversed.

As for triple dip recession, we're already in it. Only, the politicians are trying to maintain the illusion that we aren't.
        Buy on the rumour, sell on the news?

As someone above said we are basically flatlining now.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          On being an accomplished liar?

Comment

Every winter for the last 5 years I’ve visited Africa, except this year when I visited Dubai, Singapore and Australia. My impression is that while Europe and the UK are busy navel gazing, whining about GDP figures and taxing themselves toward poverty, most of the rest of the world is just getting on with work and trade and moving ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Buy on the rumour, sell on the news?

As someone above said we are basically flatlining now.
              Exactly... (in reverse)

GBPUSD
              Last edited by SantaClaus; 25 January 2013, 13:23.
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Every winter for the last 5 years I’ve visited Africa, except this year when I visited Dubai, Singapore and Australia. My impression is that while Europe and the UK are busy navel gazing, whining about GDP figures and taxing themselves toward poverty, most of the rest of the world is just getting on with work and trade and moving ahead.
                Is that how the world is through the prism of two star hotels?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  Is that how the world is through the prism of two star hotels?
                  TWO stars? Whole stars? I'm a permie now you know, not some Dodgy Daimler driving agent!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Thank you. I knew you were big enough to overlook your own personal situation and be pleased for me.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Thank you. I knew you were big enough to overlook your own personal situation and be pleased for me.
                      Actually if you really have got to retirement then you’ve done well; we’ve got a guy at the company I’m working for who’s doing a lot of work on statistics and ‘big data’; he’s convinced that in the next 10 years people with some statistics education can earn wheelbarrows full of money.

Comment

Working...
                      X