• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Town Hall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Here's Hamburger Rathaus, nice restaurant in the lower floor - Das Parliament....

I was sent to a conference once in Hamburg and the evening started with the Mayor of Hamburg giving us a guided tour of this building. We then had a meal in the restaurant below and I had to share a table with 4 women and a boring bloke. We, as in the 4 women and me, progressed from there to a sex club on the Reeperbahn which had me in fits of laughter (at the soundtrack to the couple bonking on the stage, we were also in the front row) and outright annoyance at the price of beers (35DM) in that I was eventually thrown out and ended up spending the rest of the night in a dodgy Hamburger bar drinking schnapps with the locals, all on expenses.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This used to be our town hall, in fact the top floor is still the registry office and you can get married there and do the photos outside. Its now a brewery and German food place. The picture below it is the view from sitting outside on a summers day looking over the market place at the Schloss which is surrounded by cafes and bars:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Munich has always impressed me:

And what's not to like about a city that has a bar/club area called Kunst Park Ost.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Michelstadt, where I often go on a Sunday for coffee and cake (and there's also a brewery around the back):

Comment

Marburg, a very picturesque town with loads of ******* steps and this is a good stopping place for a drink on the wy up the hill to the Dom:

Comment

stek posted the one in my actual hometown already (Red City Hall in Berlin), so here's the one in my UK hometown.

And inside:

Hired it for my wedding this August.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                My other favourite Town Halls are Annan, Bradford, and maybe Sheffield at a pinch.[/IMG]
                I think Bradford City Hall was inspired by Manchester's.

Bradford:

Manchester:

Here's one of the statues on Bradford City Hall, Oliver Cromwell:

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

The town hall where I currently work, Münster:

and this is the street it is on, Prinzipalmarkt:

Comment

Hotel de Ville de Paris:

Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      Here's one of the statues on Bradford City Hall, Oliver Cromwell:

That looks a bit rude
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X