• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone bought a new car paying cash lately?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
    I might buy a new car in March/April. Are Broadspeed any good? Why do you like these particular brokers?
    It all depends what you are looking for.

Drive the deal have always been good on price and I've had a couple of motors off them. Carfile have a very good reputation and they have been going possibly the longest of all the main brokers. I've spoken to the MD a few times and had some good quotes. The car I was after at the time they could get for 1.5k less than the deal at my local place, which according to Which Car had the best deals in the UK.

Both these outfits take no money direct, you pay the dealer, they get a flat fee from the dealer. So the risk is low. Having said that I'm curently leasing from a corporate division of a franchise. There are some superb lease deals out there. In many cases the cost of a 2 yrs lease is less than the depreciation.

Broadspeed have been around a while, I think they also do more nearly new deals which the above don't. I'm not sure how trustworthy they are. Have to be careful of anywhere that is pre-reging 'new' cars and or asking for you to pay them. Not sure if they do that.
    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 22 January 2013, 15:19.

Comment

Working...
    X