• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

pls recommend some good umbrella companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric
    What's the point. Nobody ever gets these jobs, and those that do are boastful *****.

I work hard, I try and earn my keep, but as talented a VB programmer that I am - I am doomed forever to shovelling tulip for men in suits. Watching others lap up the rewards for incompetant work.

Well, 800 a a day for .Net isn't really over the top. It depends on location; for example, in Swindon, you'd probably be on 700-750... London, 800 minimum, and south east in general around 750 plus.

VB rates - just move the decimal point two places to the left.

It's all about fairness.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I think the rates are insane but hey who cares.

Last role I did was £350 a day which is plenty if you ask me! That's still £96k a year if you work all year so it probably lands about the £75k mark after prospecting and holidays.

Contractors with a reputation of being expensive are the ones that fall the hardest when bad times hit.
      Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

The quality of unbrellas are going down
        It does not matter if you buy for £1 or £20 they are all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jcc
          1st time to take a contract job. pls recommend some good umbrella companies.

many thanks.
          jcc,

have a look at GIANT - I use them, and so far they've been pretty good.
          Life is just nature's way of keeping meat fresh

Comment

Originally posted by hattra
            jcc,

have a look at GIANT - I use them, and so far they've been pretty good.

Thanks a lot. My agent also recommended GIANT to me. Maybe the service fee (£35 per timesheet) is a little bit expensive. The good thing is that there is no penalty to cancel its service.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric
              What's the point. Nobody ever gets these jobs, and those that do are boastful *****.

I work hard, I try and earn my keep, but as talented a VB programmer that I am - I am doomed forever to shovelling tulip for men in suits. Watching others lap up the rewards for incompetant work.
              Im just a spit and polish
              On a fat mans shiny shoe
              I think they hate me for it
              And I think I hate them too
              Last edited by Central-Scrutiniser; 30 June 2006, 13:03.
              If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Prosperity4 have a very high profile.

Comment

try Bagpuss4you.com , to get around IR35 you will be paid in milk. But before you bore me with your newbie questions please refer to milk.co.uk/FAQ
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by jcc
                    Thanks a lot. My agent also recommended GIANT to me. Maybe the service fee (£35 per timesheet) is a little bit expensive. The good thing is that there is no penalty to cancel its service.

Blimey! thats pricey......Try
                    http://www.danbro.co.uk

I f you decide to use them...PM me so I can claim the referal fee.....Well I am a contractor

Comment

what's the expected monthly net income for a £350/day contract job?

Comment

Working...
                      X