• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Games

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Also does anyone use Steam?
    Not much of a gamer myself, but enjoyed Portal and Portal 2 via Steam, especially the numerous user-generated levels on Portal 2. Any recommendations similar to those would be appreciated.

Comment

Kirbal Space Programme.

Bulid, launch and explore the solar system with your cute little space explorers.

This is seriously addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        The new XCOM is pretty good if you like strategy games like GODS ...
        They may have been more than one game called Gods, but I assumed the OP was referring to the early 90s platform game.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

RTS - Starcraft 2 as someone else mentioned, new expansion due out soon (Heart of the Swarm)
          FPS/RPG - Skyrim + 2 or 3 expansions, absorbed 100s of hours of my time.
          3D FP Puzzle game - Portal, very addictive once you get past the first few easy puzzles.
          Dungeon crawler - Diablo 3, Torchlight 2
          Killing Zombies - Dead Island, Left 4 Dead 2.

Most of these are available on Steam.

Have fun.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            They may have been more than one game called Gods, but I assumed the OP was referring to the early 90s platform game.
            Indeed, the old Bitmap Brothers one.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
              Not much of a gamer myself, but enjoyed Portal and Portal 2 via Steam, especially the numerous user-generated levels on Portal 2. Any recommendations similar to those would be appreciated.
              I'm not much of a gamer myself either but I've exhausted pretty much all the decent telly, been for a swim, done all the ironing, brought my accounts up-to-date, painted the hall so I'm bored out of my brain. You get the idea.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by alluvial View Post
                Colossal Cave Adventure

(Anyone know how to kill a dwarf? )
                Yikes. I could have told you thirty years ago!
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  Yikes. I could have told you thirty years ago!
                  Smite that troll!

Comment

Played a great game of Left For Dead 2 last night. Mate's wife even joined in. We were like a SWAT team.

Toight. Like a tiger.

(SWF)
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      Numpty question but what size TV do you use for games. Do you sit closer to it for gaming than watching films/TV?
                      I use a 26" HDTV at my computer desk hooked up to a surround sound system

I tried play COD and Battlefield on a PC through a big screen and I kept getting motion sickness, it was the distance from the screen and the high framerate of the PC

Consoles generally being about 30 fps seem to be a little easier on the eye on a big screen, plus controllers aren't as sensitive as using a mouse

For console stuff I use a big screen though
                      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Working...
                      X