• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boring Contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't you just go to a "meeting" for a couple of hours. Whilst in reality you burger off down the nearest supermarket and try to chat up the women there..

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      I've just won 32gb of Sun ram on eBay tho, so not all boring!
      All I need now are a matched pair of Opteron 23HF HE procs, she has a pair of 2216's in at the moment. Not bad but I want to turbo-charge this mother....

Comment

Don't know if it would interest you but I think oracle are looking for peeps with exadata experience.

Exadata Consultants/Oracle/exadata

Comment

Boring Contract...

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Don't know if it would interest you but I think oracle are looking for peeps with exadata experience.

Exadata Consultants/Oracle/exadata
          Cheers but I'm out of the Sun Zone! Oracle effed Solaris, I'm getting the feeling and the contracts that the proper Unix world (ie not Linux) have gone all AIX, certainly I've never been so in demand (cue massive downturn for me...)

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Cheers but I'm out of the Sun Zone! Oracle effed Solaris, I'm getting the feeling and the contracts that the proper Unix world (ie not Linux) have gone all AIX, certainly I've never been so in demand (cue massive downturn for me...)
            Time for me to get some AIX and/or Red Hat methinks before Solaris goes totally down the pan....
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              Time for me to get some AIX and/or Red Hat methinks before Solaris goes totally down the pan....
              I had a lucky exit out of sun work. I got a contract as a general unix architect and when I turned up the client said right then about this VMware design... I thought bugger id better RTFM and quick... By the end of the week had knocked out a design for 1000 server migration

Comment

No work to do but getting paid eh. Sounds like an ir35 fail to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                  No work to do but getting paid eh. Sounds like an ir35 fail to me.
                  What happens when the client says we don't need you this week but at the same time we don't want you getting another job while we think about what to do next?

They are under no _obligation_ to provide work or I to take it however both parties are making a business decision to stay in an arrangement and await the longer term solution...

Comment

What happens when the client says we don't need you this week but at the same time we don't want you getting another job while we think about what to do next?

They are under no _obligation_ to provide work or I to take it however both parties are making a business decision to stay in an arrangement and await the longer term solution...
                    That's common sense. I fear HMRC would view it another way, sadly.

Comment

I had a lucky exit out of sun work. I got a contract as a general unix architect and when I turned up the client said right then about this VMware design... I thought bugger id better RTFM and quick... By the end of the week had knocked out a design for 1000 server migration
                      Good work if you can find it! :-)
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X