• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where has all the street art gone ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Always baffles me how some of these street peddlars and market stall holders make enough money for it to be worthwhile

Was in Shepherds Bush market the other day, where there is stall after stall of gaudy tat which nobody seemed remotely interested in buying. I'd be surprised if some of them sold more than a dozen items all day. So how on Earth can they profit from all the time they must spend setting it all up, sitting by it the whole day, and then packing it all up each evening?
    Most of the guys here do not even have the stalls which makes it a bit less time consuming and also easier to escape when the police approaches. I have counted about 60 in the vicinity of each tourist attraction. 0 painters, musicians, actors, mimes or dancers.

It must be quite profitable, I have seen people buying fake LVs like fresh buns ... did you know that the police fines the buyers (it can be up to £1500 per bag) and leave the sellers be?
    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
    X