• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who on here doesn't have children?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I love my wife unconditionally, but would always put my kids in front of her. I believe she'd do the same.

I don't have much love of that kind outside of those quarters, and I am happy about it. As for it being selfish and vain, well, as I said, you've answered any questions I have had.
    I pity you if you cannot imagine loving anything other than your own blood unconditionally. I'm glad there are many people around who are better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      I'm not bottling it at all, I'm not entering into a debate about my family, I'm merely pointing out that you've probably offended quite a few step-parents.
      I asked a question, you've refused to answer it, as you probably know, it will give away your true position on it. It doesn't surprise me.

As for upsetting step parents, well, they should be thicker skinned, for I am sure my opinion is simply that. It is something I believe to be true, so why should I care, if I am being true in my opinion?

Comment

I asked a question, you've refused to answer it, as you probably know, it will give away your true position on it. It doesn't surprise me.

As for upsetting step parents, well, they should be thicker skinned, for I am sure my opinion is simply that. It is something I believe to be true, so why should I care, if I am being true in my opinion?
        Quoted for posterity.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
          I pity you if you cannot imagine loving anything other than your own blood unconditionally. I'm glad there are many people around who are better than that.
          Oh dear, again, you fall over. I am sure there are a few god botherers who will state very person is a brother, etc, but when the chips were down, would put their own kin first.

I have a very good friend, whom I consider like a brother. I'd put my kids in front of him, and know he'd do the same in the same situation with his own kids.

I am genuinely sorry, but if you don't have your own kids, you can't really objectively get into a conversation about how it feels. You just can't.

Comment

I feel sorry for your wife then if you can only love your own blood
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Quoted for posterity.
              Please feel free Spod, for this is just a forum, and one day you'll realise, that it's not the real world. What gets said on here doesn't matter, it really doesn't. We all come on here with an opinion, that's what a forum is. It doesn't make any of it factual, or real world, its just putting down how you feel. Nothing you have said on here makes a difference. To anyone. Real world is different, but, well, we know how you feel about that don't we.

Comment

Oh dear, again, you fall over. I am sure there are a few god botherers who will state very person is a brother, etc, but when the chips were down, would put their own kin first.

I have a very good friend, whom I consider like a brother. I'd put my kids in front of him, and know he'd do the same in the same situation with his own kids.

I am genuinely sorry, but if you don't have your own kids, you can't really objectively get into a conversation about how it feels. You just can't.
                I'll make sure to update you on that in roughly 14 weeks.

If you're now talking about 'brothers', you really have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  I feel sorry for your wife then if you can only love your own blood
                  I have stated quite clearly I love my wife uncontionally. I also know that the kids are put before her, as they are put before me. Any decision we both make, puts the kids first. I wouldn't have it any other way, and nor would my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by formant View Post
                    I'll make sure to update you on that in roughly 14 weeks.

If you're now talking about 'brothers', you really have no idea.
                    Well, maybe the hormones are kicking in, as that made no sense at all love.

Genuinely good luck with the birth. Come speak to me after you've gone through that particular roller coaster.

Comment

And that's all manifested by the vast majority of couples choosing a traditionalist gender role distribution the moment kids come into play.
                      Would you care to define exactly what your understanding of the traditionalist gender role is and what you find so offensive about it?

Comment

Working...
                      X