• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Effing Americans and guns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    It's a big worry for me. I have to decide whether to move here next year and put my kids into the American schooling system. It's the one big concern for me. I just don't like their school system & I'm not sure I want to my kids into it. Seems an age of innocent lost.
    I imagine it's like here - good schools and bad schools. Some schools here have metal detectors to check for knives (or was that just Daily Wail scaremongering). You should visit a couple before you decide.

Comment

Timezone is bad!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Timezone is bad!
        ... and sleep <snaps>

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Yes but there must be thousands of American schools, and what? Three our four killing sprees per year? Statistically letting your kids cross the street must be far more dangerous.
          The gun culture is so embedded in the US, you could have three or four killing sprees per day - thousands of kids could be killed per year, the pro gun lobby would still fight gun control no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
            He can't be voted in as president again, so why would he do that? He is a father and had to talk about very young children being massacred, FFS how cynical can people get! Says more about you, you sicko
            So because I personally thought he didn't really show any genuine emotion in his speech, and to me his eye touching looked a little staged, i'm a sicko ?

oh ok nice one!

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
              The gun culture is so embedded in the US, you could have three or four killing sprees per day - thousands of kids could be killed per year, the pro gun lobby would still fight gun control no matter what.
              My work colleague has 13 guns, including a semi automatic. She is constantly going on about hers and her husbands gun collection and how they like to take them out shooting wildlife. I kid you not, she said when her daughter watched Bambi the child asked her mummy if she could shoot him(!!!!). I try not to piss her off.

Comment

As i watch the morning news on yesterday's latest school shooting I've decided ill be fecked if I'm going to move my kids over here next year.

Comment

Coffee's for closers

Comment

My work colleague has 13 guns, including a semi automatic. She is constantly going on about hers and her husbands gun collection and how they like to take them out shooting wildlife. I kid you not, she said when her daughter watched Bambi the child asked her mummy if she could shoot him(!!!!). I try not to piss her off.
                    On the news it says the boys mother owned two handguns and an assault rifle(same as the gun toting crazy I work with). She pulled out of a meeting the other morning all distressed banging on about how her son had gone loopy the night before because he has a drink and drugs dependency issue.

Here's some simple maths

Americans + booze/drugs + guns = ?

Comment

MF, I dunno if u r tulipting us or not but I don't care, don't go, USA is not the demi-paradise those of us in our fifties now thought it was, I would never ever go there even for a holiday now, did that, can't stand the 'have a nice day shiite', the faux-niceness, and the fact that a kid in school who is a bit pissed off can get a gun and go Postal.

UK is tulip, but it's not fuucked up like the US is, and realistically, won't be for a while - USA has had it's turn, it's a someone else's turn now, it's not India, not China, it's up for grabs.....

Comment

Working...
                      X