• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An Interview Cuts Both Ways

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went to do a one-day gig once and the contact fella had phoned in sick, so they left me in reception for 2 hours until someone else was 'free'. Cheeky twats had even insisted I be there at 9am sharp! (This was about 4 hrs drive away from home too).

Wasn't happy. Even less so when no-one had a clue what needed to be done (and the sickie fella had the key to the store cupboard which held the disk they wanted fitted in their server).

Did my best but to no avail. Lets just say they I was positively bomping when the agency said client didnt want to pay because work was incomplete!

Small claims court later all was sorted...

Morale of the story - some people dont give a tulipe how far you've driven, hassle you've experienced as long as they're ok.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

... Do you need anything before we go in, water etc?
      Yes, it's more indicative than practical. Chances are that if they didn't ask something like that then they're surly graceless oafs anyway and would be boring and unfriendly to work with, and probably also make unreasonable demands. Sounds like you're well out of it.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X