• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Only 2 weeks, just annoyed that they tell me now when I could have arranged a holiday or something had I known.

They've forced this on the project guys and included me when I'm one of only 3 people offering out of hours support over the Christmas period, I don't think they realise yet.
    On the flipside the sudden nature of it virtually assures your safety from an IR35 investigation. Blows apart any claim by HMRC of MOO.

Comment

I think if any company said that I had to take a furlough or an enforced break I would make sure that I implemented something that ****ed up after I was off for a couple of days and wait for the call...with an emphatic 'no' when asked to come in.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
      X