• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

working past contract end date whilst waiting for renewal to come through

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The company you work for is your LTD> Are you saying the Director is a complete ? Sounds like it.
    Except that what the OP actually said was...

The company I'm currently at...
    You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Be careful doing this - if you make it easy its gonna happen all the time. Theyd wont care.

Fair enough - Email confirmation from agency is good enough for me previous contract terms and all that but if it don't happen then seriously consider not going in. If you do, do so on your terms and remember theres a risk.

Up to agency not client either since your contract is with them. If they want to stand the risk that client wont sign off its up to them. Chances are they wont.

If client then decides two weeks down the line that they aint got the budget then good luck with that one because agency wont want to know. It has happened.

Its amazing though how quickly it focuses attention at a client when you dont turn up. :-)

Of course, gotta be a bit careful because you can guarantee client will think you're being an awkward twat. Its a thin line between sticking to your guns and causing hassle.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X