• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scotch bonnets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got a good recipe for a Mediterranean curry? Ideally with lots of dried herbs etc.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Scotch Bonnett? A chilli for schoolgirls.

Dorset Nagas. Now they be chillies.

You can buy them by the bush, mail order..

Comment

I've just made "Weeping Tiger" with Naga Jolokia chilli. I used one (wore gloves this time round because I burnt my bellend bunnet last time).

If you do forget to wash/glove up and accidentally touch the bunnet, I suggest immersing the affected apparatus in a pot of chilled yoghurt, a la Wilt (Tom Sharpe).

It does work but probably not a good idea to put the yoghurt back in the fridge and recounting the hilarity to your wife as she's just finished her yoghurt and muesli breakfast.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Scotch bonnets, pah, childrens plaything.

I grow my own Bhut Jolokias/Ghost chillies and them's makes the difference twixt man and boy. I believe the Dorset Naga's have been superceeded by some chap in the midlands cross breeding some. The first year I grew my own, the first one to grow, I took from the plant and took a chunk out of, to see just how hot they were. I found out that they are kin hot, as in, lose the ability to speak for a short while.

My favourite chilli is either the F1 Banana hybrid (sweet chilli taste, with nice heat) or the chippotle, which adds an almost chocolately flavour to a chilli (good tip is to put a little chocolate in a chilli by the way, a nice plain chocolate).

Med curries often best flavoured with chilli oil (a good strong one) as they are not so highly spiced. I make my chilli oils with a small easy to grow chilli called a Prairie Fire; easy to grow outdoors (uncovered), cracking heat and good yield. I also make a chilli oil with the Bhut Jolokias, but them's manly oils.

I made a chilli with 2 Bhut Jolokias last bonfire night. T'was a night the pan was used often, and the head buzzed.

Comment

Working...
          X