• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small Claims Court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took a pub to the small claims, walked in the door and a stray nail on the door ripped my 150 quid hugo boss jumper.

Was pretty decent about it until I knew they were at it, I went in about 10 times and said I was expecting money back, mailed a recorded delivery to them asking for the money with a copy of the receipt, when I never got reply back I repeated with a demand for a payment date. They paid up on the day before the court date with a "we tried to pay him but he was never available and never replied to our calls and letters" line. Bulltulip.

Comment

You have to document everything as they will just tell you to piss off unless you have good evidence.

I produced photos, dates of verbal complaints and recorded delivery evidence. Made sure I had given them every chance of repaying.

Comment

I just submitted a request for judgement against a large agency.

Comment

Working...
        X