• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know where to subscribe for personal credit check events notifications ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    I've been told that if you inspect your own credit rating too many times this could in itself lower your Credit Rating.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Your credit rating has just been lowered because of this post.

HTH
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
      you can use CallCredit http://www.noddle.co.uk which is free. You will just be shown adverts/sent emails about products they think you might be interested in.
      When my bank account was raided to the tune of £3.5 I had a letter from call credit when I hadn't signed up for their services, I suspect the fraudster used them to get my info and set up a bank account with Tesco + one a off direct debit. Tesco were completely unapologetic about not doing proper checks and call credit were much the same. 's

Experian were good, I used their service to monitor until I was happy nothing else was going on.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        When my bank account was raided to the tune of £3.5 I had a letter from call credit when I hadn't signed up for their services, I suspect the fraudster used them to get my info and set up a bank account with Tesco + one a off direct debit. Tesco were completely unapologetic about not doing proper checks and call credit were much the same. 's

Experian were good, I used their service to monitor until I was happy nothing else was going on.
        Same here with experian, I set up alerts for any activity on my account. I even got emailed when i used confused.com to compare car insurance. The alerts notified me that a credit search was done, including the a ref and telephone number, so I could follow it up.

Comment

Working...
        X