• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worst is over for euro

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Whereabouts?
    Charentes-Maritime, somewhere close to the Gironde, or maybe even down as far at Le Porges, or Hourtin plage. Fantastic, unspoilt and filthy cheap; currently have a house in the region (Poitou-Charentes), but away from the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      To be fair the typical European Plan B's in response to when it goes mammaries vertical economically is panzers/cheese eating squaddies/cossacks in large numbers attempting major changes to the cartography of the area.

Ideally that's a scenario I'd prefer to see avoided as it tends to screw up the beaches and sightseeing holiday locations.
      Well I actually think this is a grand plan. May as well Merge Holland, Belgium and Lux, then join Spain and Portugal, France and Germany can become one, merge Austria with a few East European countries

I mean fark it, lets just make it one country....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Well I actually think this is a grand plan. May as well Merge Holland, Belgium and Lux, then join Spain and Portugal, France and Germany can become one, merge Austria with a few East European countries

With London as the capital.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post

Been tried in the past with the projects falling so badly off the rails that even the most senior upper management was removed.

Romans (project suffered from extensive scope creep due largely to poorly drafted and never signed off requirements, while initially vastly under budget due to the realisation of assets collected locally in the long term benefits realisation was eroded. Arguably needed a better PM willing to close out the project and run lessons learnt exercises then handing over to a proper BAU team.)

Mongols (hugely successful following an extremely agile methodology, failed when the Programme Manager terminated his contract with insufficient handover or succession planning and the Stage Management decided to return for rebriefing which never occurred)

Napoleon (highly ambitious project which while returning great rewards for a protracted period eventually succumbed to severe scope creep and mis-management at both Project and Programme level, a later attempt at a project relaunch met brief success until competitive market forces precipitated immediate project closure and the retirement of the Programme Manager)

Hitler (followed the same general model as the earlier Napoleon programme, but due to having lost the lessons learnt documentation or possibly failing to read it the scope creep was repeated with essentially the same results)

Stalin/Warsaw pact (a Programme launched in response to an initial partnership agreement that later broke down into a competitive struggle for the same market sector, met with initial problems with RAID management clearly being very poor, after extensive reworking of the management structures project deliverables were achieved. Project clearly suffered from poor scoping with no defined end date, was never properly handed over to the BAU teams and eventually saw the on site stakeholders rejecting the solution for a COTS one widely used by similar customers.)

There are examples of other minor projects largely sponsored by Scandanavian parties, but these were of smaller scope and can be ignored at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X