• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ideas of accomodation in London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckingham Palace is nice, but can be a tad pricey for some.

HTH

sasguru

Comment

Bit late for some blatant but if anyone is in this situation there's a room going that'd be an ideal London base for someone.

“Water Square Gardens @ Canada Water” from SPARE ROOM.co.uk

The guy who was using it decided to go permie and his bank employer won't pay for it but were nice enough to offer him a place in their own building for use when he's not in Singapore or at home in Devon.

Comment

To be fair all the rooms I've found working away in the UK have been by spare room or from a mate.

There as other contractors I've worked with have stayed in hotels then have found places via people at clientco.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I used mondaytofriday when last I was working in that London.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I have an offer of a gig in London, and before I sign on the dotted line, was wondering about accomodation. I know several here use some sites, using peoples rooms whilst they are away working, and mon-fri shares. Has anyone got any links? I only need it until Mid Feb when one of my tenants leave.

Thanks in advance.
            Hooker costs £200 per night with shower (shared) but you might be late for work
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Funkywood View Post
              Bit late for some blatant but if anyone is in this situation there's a room going that'd be an ideal London base for someone.

“Water Square Gardens @ Canada Water” from SPARE ROOM.co.uk

The guy who was using it decided to go permie and his bank employer won't pay for it but were nice enough to offer him a place in their own building for use when he's not in Singapore or at home in Devon.
              Ouch! For a flatshare with two others that is very expensive for the area. Good luck finding someone.

Comment

Working...
              X