• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the point of professional qualifications?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Townleys? In Farnworth, or the old Infirmary in Town which was demolished and became a David Lloyd?
    Townley. The Health Records department staff from the two old hospitals still have separate Christmas parties (pasty and peas at the Conny Club I expect) as well as a combined one. When new staff joined, they get allocated to one of the old hospital's Christmas party groups. Having said all that, I loved it as a place to work.
    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Bolton?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
        Bolton?
        My hometown - the only thing I miss are Carrs Pasties - wonderful!

And Black Peas, can't get them even here in Yorkshire....

Comment

My hometown - the only thing I miss are Carrs Pasties - wonderful!

And Black Peas, can't get them even here in Yorkshire....
          D'you want a bit of wet on that, luv?
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            D'you want a bit of wet on that, luv?
            Chips wet, hmmmmmmm. That's pea gravy isn't it? Been a long time..... Here you get the gravy or curry or whatever in a little pot!

I went into Morrisons two years ago here in Leeds for Black Peas, without a word of a lie guy sent me to the CD section. They had Parkin though.....

Comment

Chips wet, hmmmmmmm. That's pea gravy isn't it? Been a long time..... Here you get the gravy or curry or whatever in a little pot!

I went into Morrisons two years ago here in Leeds for Black Peas, without a word of a lie guy sent me to the CD section. They had Parkin though.....
              Pea wet (thin pale green liquid that drains off mushy peas and available for free). And the correct answer is: 'Oooooh, lovely.'

George Frederic Watts

Comment

getting back on topic

one of the problems is that if the company hire someone who does not have the qualifications (but do have the experience) and that person turns out to be a numpty then whoever made the decision will be asked why they recruited someone with no quals

so really it's just recruit by numbers and cover your ass....

Comment

You Northerners are sick puppies; thin pale green liquid on chips?

Comment

You Northerners are sick puppies.

Comment

You Northerners are sick puppies; thin pale green liquid on chips?
                      Yeah, and thinking of it is making me hungry again - might go to The In Plaice (geddit?) in Bradford City centre, you even get a slice of bread and butty and a brew with it in the sit down bit. However, I have German cheesy sausages to think about too...

Comment

Working...
                      X