• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And I thought cycling in London was dodgy.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    On the triathlete forum I visit there is a huge argument between men who wear blue and men who wear pink.

I prefer bland. Its not a fashion show. Whatever Dallas says.....
    These are people who are unlikely to win.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      These are people who are unlikely to win.
      Few months ago chappy in our office started coming in in super-dooper cycling gear, spent a fortune - you'd think he rode for one of the teams.
      Turns out he was getting a Boris Bike from Liverpool St to Waterloo

Says he is now injured, and I caught him outside having a fag yesterday.

When cycling in europe the locals say they can spot the brits because we mainly wear plain black cycling shorts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
        Few months ago chappy in our office started coming in in super-dooper cycling gear, spent a fortune - you'd think he rode for one of the teams.
        Turns out he was getting a Boris Bike from Liverpool St to Waterloo

Says he is now injured, and I caught him outside having a fag yesterday.

When cycling in europe the locals say they can spot the brits because we mainly wear plain black cycling shorts.
        I have a variety of cycling shorts including club shorts, plain black, black and white etc etc. None of them affect my speed. The other cyclists realised quickly that I'm an old rugby player because I can go downhill very fast, can keep up with the peloton on the flat, but when they go uphill I sort of, well, erm, stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I have a variety of cycling shorts including club shorts, plain black, black and white etc etc. None of them affect my speed. The other cyclists realised quickly that I'm an old rugby player because I can go downhill very fast, can keep up with the peloton on the flat, but when they go uphill I sort of, well, erm, stop.
          although, I tend to speed up in my HSBC ones (cheapo sale during a stint there) moreso if they have had bad press, all the cabbies seem to know about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
            although, I tend to speed up in my HSBC ones (cheapo sale during a stint there) moreso if they have had bad press, all the cabbies seem to know about it.
            Good idea. Maybe I'll buy a pair of Moroccan national team shorts for riding in NL.

Comment

Working...
            X