• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airport security

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Ironically, that's exactly what I'd do if I were a terrorist. Possibly whilst an accomplice kicked off and made a fuss in the other queue over their not being able to keep their 150ml bottle of shampoo, whilst my equally well-behaved partner and I's two separate 75ml bottles made it through with the minimum of scrutiny.
    Wrong.

You'd get stopped because you are clearly hiding something - not looking straight in the camera and that smile implies you know something others don't...

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
      Ironically, that's exactly what I'd do if I were a terrorist. Possibly whilst an accomplice kicked off and made a fuss in the other queue over their not being able to keep their 150ml bottle of shampoo, whilst my equally well-behaved partner and I's two separate 75ml bottles made it through with the minimum of scrutiny.
      I saw a woman try to get through with a large jar of pickled mushrooms. Now don't ask me why anyone would want to eat pickled mushrooms, but the brain deficient blockhead from G4S opened the jar, poured out the liquid into a large blue plastic wheelie bin and returned the jar to the lady with the mushrooms in it. Now then, am I really the only one to see a vulnerability in this approach?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Now then, am I really the only one to see a vulnerability in this approach?
        Mushrooms can absorb a lot of nitroglycerin?

I hope all wet sponges get confiscated also!

Comment

Extra airport security is protecting me - I avoid flying now.

I find the whole process intolerable - herded about from place to place with large delays mainly designed to justify the security drones existence. Oh, or to allow the traveling drones to spend money on tat or stuff their faces with junk.

Eurotunnel 1 - 0 Long-haul flights!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Mushrooms can absorb a lot of nitroglycerin?

I hope all wet sponges get confiscated also!
            Indeed. They could also be made of semtex.

Comment

Wrong.

You'd get stopped because you are clearly hiding something - not looking straight in the camera and that smile implies you know something others don't...
              The trick is to mirror the expressions of the rude and/or brainless security staff. They will think you are one of them and ignore you.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The trick is to mirror the expressions of the rude and/or brainless security staff. They will think you are one of them and ignore you.
                Or just wear a hi-viz jacket - they will treat it as an all access pass!

Comment

The trick is to mirror the expressions of the rude and/or brainless security staff. They will think you are a gorilla and shoot at you. And miss.
                  ftfy

Comment

Same as with the mods on CUK then ...

Comment

Same as with the mods on CUK then ...

Comment

Working...
                      X