• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bigot of the Year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I dont care if gay marriages or partnerships become legal or even the norm. as long as they dont preach it in the schools. leave them kids alone
    I'm a very strong proponent for live and let live. I have no problem with homosexuality, it's not my cup of tea, but it sure doesn't scare me like it does a lot of people. I hear you though with keeping it out of school, school should be for education, not indoctrinating children. I personally think religion should be kept out of schools as well. Church is for religion, not school.

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Celtic is Catholic and Rangers is Protestant.
    It's got absolutely nothing to do with this discussion though.
    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

I dont care if gay marriages or partnerships become legal or even the norm. as long as they dont preach it in the schools. leave them kids alone

If my daughters are going to be taught about straight marriage then they should be taught about gay marriage. Apart from anything else, I don't know whether either or both of them will turn out to be gay.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
        If my daughters are going to be taught about straight marriage then they should be taught about gay marriage. Apart from anything else, I don't know whether either or both of them will turn out to be gay.
        you know your own kids better than I do, and if you want to expand their education , thats ok by me.
        But I would prefer you not to teach my kids about gay marriage or gay partnerships, if that's ok by you

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

What about just teaching about marriage and relationships? And not making an issue at all of gender in a similar way to how we don't stress colour/race/religion.

The important things are love and respect for each other. Not willies and/or lack thereof.

Although they should also know where babies come from, and that ideally they should be brought into the world in the context of a loving relationship.

I think in the ideal world it would be a non-issue. I think a lot of people are concerned that the "gay" side will be over-emphasized.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            What about just teaching about marriage and relationships? And not making an issue at all of gender in a similar way to how we don't stress colour/race/religion.

The important things are love and respect for each other. Not willies and/or lack thereof.

Although they should also know where babies come from, and that ideally they should be brought into the world in the context of a loving relationship.

I think in the ideal world it would be a non-issue. I think a lot of people are concerned that the "gay" side will be over-emphasized.
            I think a lot of people have moved to tolerance (good) but have not grasped equality. I simply don't understand why people would have a problem with kids learning about different types of sexuality.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

you know your own kids better than I do, and if you want to expand their education , thats ok by me.
              But I would prefer you not to teach my kids about gay marriage or gay partnerships, if that's ok by you

I think it's a fine line.

Boys should know, for example, that if they are going to have anal sex they should use a condom, and why. I wouldn't want my 15 year old gay son to be sitting in a classroom feeling alienated because none of what was being discussed applied to him. Nor would I want my straight son ridiculing the gay kid in the class for not being "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                I think it's a fine line.

Boys should know, for example, that if they are going to have anal sex they should use a condom, and why. I wouldn't want my 15 year old gay son to be sitting in a classroom feeling alienated because none of what was being discussed applied to him. Nor would I want my straight son ridiculing the gay kid in the class for not being "normal".
                absolutely.
                The problem with controversial subjects is that the teachers are rarely neutral (understandably so) and that bias can be manifested as indoctrination.

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

absolutely.
                  The problem with controversial subjects is that the teachers are rarely neutral (understandably so) and that bias can be manifested as indoctrination.

Yes. I certainly don't want any indoctrination in favour of any particular sexuality.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Yes. I certainly don't want any indoctrination in favour of any particular sexuality.
                    yet you would insist that my kids be taught something, simply because you think its ok to teach your kids that something.

interesting

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)

Comment

yet you would insist that my kids be taught something, simply because you think its ok to teach your kids that something.

interesting

How do you imagine sex education classes work? I've no idea - genuine question. I imagine it's more a discussion Q&A session than teacher drawing diagrams of "how to do it" on the blackboard. What if a kid asks about gay sex? Would you want the teacher to refuse to answer?

Comment

Working...
                      X