• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

“Intermediate projection rate”

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a SIPP because its a good way to extract money from Ltd co every year BUT all things being equal I would max out the ISA first for the flexibility later.
    7% is still a reasonable long term rate of return to use, borne out by historical data, and dont say its different this time etc.
    My longer term funds seem to be chugging along at 6-10%/year (watch those costs though, would prob go more low cost tracker if was starting from now)
    Younger stuff is bouncing around or going sideways (I wont be chopping and changing, 5 years at least)
    Building HYP in SIPP for long term which I hope will be steady performer and must admit I am enjoying the divis coming in every few weeks.
    This is my plan B and will finance my life if the ass falls out of this IT rubbish or I can't be bothered with it anymore. If the work continues, then this morphs into my pension.
    I actually enjoy this stuff and trying not to make too many mistakes as I am learning.
    fool.co.uk is a good place to start...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      I use a SIPP because its a good way to extract money from Ltd co every year BUT all things being equal I would max out the ISA first for the flexibility later.
      7% is still a reasonable long term rate of return to use, borne out by historical data, and dont say its different this time etc.
      My longer term funds seem to be chugging along at 6-10%/year (watch those costs though, would prob go more low cost tracker if was starting from now).
      Hmmm if you had turned all money into gold as you went along, how much would it be worth now?

Comment

I can pick any time period and bubble from dot-com to property to demonstrate perfect hindsight and I know I wouldn't have timed these perfectly anyway.
        So, I diversify, collect some divis along the way and try to get rich slowly. If I was certain I could take big gambles and win then I would.

Comment

Working...
        X