• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF £22.50 for a puncture!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    It probably did need balancing after a puncture (even if the tyre didn't actually hit anything, driving on a flat can knock the wheel out of alignment). But the valve should only have cost about 75p.
    Balancing is where they clamp the little weights on the inside rim of the tyre, they dont tend to come off as a rule. Though as tyres wear they may require it.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
      Awww, that's nice, Love. Now put the kettle on and make us a brew....
      FTFY...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        Dropped wheel off at local Kwik Fit - small nail in tyre and slow leak

Picked it up and bill for £22.50 presented instead of the expected tenner

Valve £4.75
        Nitrogen Inflation £1.50
        Wheel balance £6.75

Huh? Are you a pauper or something? Seriously, you sound pitiful ranting on about such an insignificant sum.

What's £20 or so to fix a car puncture? You're lucky it wasn't £200 to replace the tyre, plus labour.

(I just spent £1100 fixing my Jag after accidently driving over a sticking out curb in Kilburn at 30 MPH. Knackered two wheels and a wish-bone whatever that is!)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I know that you got a windfall recently but what on earth made you go to a kwikfit to get a puncture sorted ? Cowboys is being too polite when describing them.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I know that you got a windfall recently but what on earth made you go to a kwikfit to get a puncture sorted ? Cowboys is being too polite when describing them.
            I thought all tyre places were the same?

I don't think I've ever had a tyre changed without some careless neanderthal damaging a rim.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              FTFY...
              All I know is the red ones go faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                Where are you getting £22.50 from? Even if you add VAT onto that breakdown it doesn't come to that.
                £9.50 for the puncture repair itself

HTH
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                  Dropped wheel off at local Kwik Fit - small nail in tyre and slow leak

Picked it up and bill for £22.50 presented instead of the expected tenner

Valve £4.75
                  Nitrogen Inflation £1.50
                  Wheel balance £6.75

Are you a contractor or what? You should make £22.50 in the time it takes for a fart to come out of your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                    Are you a contractor or what? You should make £22.50 in the time it takes for a shart to come out of your lass.
                    ftfy
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      Huh? Are you a pauper or something? Seriously, you sound pitiful ranting on about such an insignificant sum.

What's £20 or so to fix a car puncture? You're lucky it wasn't £200 to replace the tyre, plus labour.

(I just spent £1100 fixing my Jag after accidently driving over a sticking out curb in Kilburn at 30 MPH. Knackered two wheels and a wish-bone whatever that is!)
                      Principles my man...principles - the going rate for a puncture repair is a tenner the rest of the gumph is just a way of padding out the bill which will not stand..no sir emails sent to Head office

BTW How would you even know you needed a new wishbone or in fact if they have actually fitted one (think you have 2 on a Jag top & bottom)
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X