• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't worry, it's okay, everything's fine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice quote DP

who's is it?
    Why not?

Comment

Trade deficit

Anyone looked at the trade deficit recently, that's not looking too rosy either? Strange, but I remember in the 80s, the topic of the trade deficit being reported diligently (e.g. BBC TV news). Today, with a much larger deficit and North Sea oil rapidly declining, it seems to get no coverage whatsoever.

Comment

Hmmm?

"High levels of borrowing may force the government to take unpopular measures, either scaling back on spending plans or raising taxes, as it attempts to keep its finances under control, analysts said."

Is it going to take an analyst to figure out which one they are going to go for?
        There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

More stealthiness - woohooo!

Also, I'm not sure we should be associating a jump in mortgage lending as a sign of a healthy housing market, but as a sign of growing personal debt.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
          X