• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cold Calling Victim Fights Back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The really sad thing is that the minions who send out these threats are probably on a minimum wage.

And many of the debt collecting companies take the piss.

450 for a late bill of 60? That's an international company who won the Whitbread Cup many years ago. No wonder they had the money for that.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Eh? What is the minimum wage these days then? He's charging £600 an hour. I thought only threaded can command that.
      Only if you honestly think that all of the many technical, legal, administrative and PR activities involved in taking this case to court took a sum total of twenty minutes between them. In which case I'm going to have to conclude that you must be a project manager, probably one with a PRINCE2 certification and a multicoloured ITIL badge.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        Only if you honestly think that all of the many technical, legal, administrative and PR activities involved in taking this case to court took a sum total of twenty minutes between them. In which case I'm going to have to conclude that you must be a project manager, probably one with a PRINCE2 certification and a multicoloured ITIL badge.
        The fact that you have created this thread means he has got his money's worth in terms of advertising.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          The fact that you have created this thread means he has got his money's worth in terms of advertising.
          It's certainly possible. Though I just don't see what his intended market is. I record all my business calls so there's no malarkey about what's been agreed and what hasn't, and all it took to do so was a free app I downloaded from the Android store. The only use case I can think of for the more complicated system this guy's company offers for a fee is a busier office with multiple phones, which probably isn't the market he's reaching with stories like this one about the little guy domestic consumer sticking it to big cold calling companies for a whole £220.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
            It's certainly possible. Though I just don't see what his intended market is.
            He's probably going for the line "There's no such thing as bad publicity".
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

maybe he was a cold calling victim. and wanted to fight back

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Fair play to him. I'm going to try that next time one of them calls me.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                X