• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The EU isn't working

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EU was designed to stop France and Germany from fighting. It is working.

The Euro was designed to harmonise currencies so that the poorer countries could buy German stuff, so that the German economy could keep exporting. It's working too.

The poorer countries are now poorer still because the Euro merely covered over the fact that they still couldn't afford it. But fixing that wasn't in the spec.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      The EU was designed to stop France and Germany from fighting. It is working.

The Euro was designed to harmonise currencies so that the poorer countries could buy German stuff, so that the German economy could keep exporting. It's working too.

The poorer countries are now poorer still because the Euro merely covered over the fact that they still couldn't afford it. But fixing that wasn't in the spec.
      Quick! Someone phone Bob!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

theres still money out there but most of its in china and some in bobland

EU is fubared

i live in NL den haag and theres loads of spaniolies here

Comment

Originally posted by gibbsville View Post

i live in NL den haag and theres loads of spaniolies here
          Send them to Zwolle then we might get decent waiters.

Comment

i think the dutch general consenus is that if you live outside the randstad you may well have more than 5 fingers and take loving your cousin a bit too far

me i like getting outside the big cities inc den bosch deventer kampen etc you get more of a real picture of NL

Comment

Originally posted by gibbsville View Post
              i think the dutch general consenus is that if you live outside the randstad you may well have more than 5 fingers and take loving your cousin a bit too far

me i like getting outside the big cities inc den bosch deventer kampen etc you get more of a real picture of NL
              Deventer's a very nice place indeed, just don't tell those chavs in the Randstad because I'd like it to stay that way. Kampen's worthwhile, but rather dull on a Sunday (very religious).

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Send them to Zwolle then we might get decent waiters.
                to de librije?
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  to de librije?
                  That's the exception to the rule and exceptionally good. We just need some decent waiters in straightforward pubs and 'grand cafes'. A few chefs migh be helpful too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    That's the exception to the rule and exceptionally good. We just need some decent waiters in straightforward pubs and 'grand cafes'. A few chefs migh be helpful too.
                    Decent food would be nice, god only knows how much bad food I've had to endure over here.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Decent food would be nice, god only knows how much bad food I've had to endure over here.
                      So actually I must have taken you out for one of the best meals you've had in NL?

Comment

Working...
                      X