• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jimmy Savile 'household name' sweep

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like DLT's going to take the cops to court now.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      I heard he lost everything because of this case. Who can blame him.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        I wouldn't blame him, but on what grounds?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          I wouldn't blame him, but on what grounds?
          Dunno, was on the radio and I haven't heard any more details. Perhaps just a rumour.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            And why do these people sit on these stories for all this time and then come crawling out of the woodwork claiming they've been oh so traumatised ...
            For the money, obviously, the same as the majority of guys who claim to have been sexually abused by catholic priests.

I mean you never hear of anyone long after the event saying they were abused by a Methodist or Quaker minister, because their denominations probably barely have two pennies to rub together compared with the vast wealth of the Catholic Church.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

mansion to bungalow for DLT says the wail
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                And why do these people sit on these stories for all this time and then come crawling out of the woodwork claiming they've been oh so traumatised (and I'm not referring to the serious allegations in other cases here). She should have finished reading that bulletin, turned around and kicked him in the bollocks. That would have been the end of it.

Anyone who tries anything like that on me in the pub ends up wearing my pint.

And they know it. From experience.
                How often does that happen to you?!
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Roman Legions are believed to have marched through the village on their way to a decisive victory at Wheathampstead after Roman coins were found in the village centre.
                  FFS, talk about going off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    How often does that happen to you?!
                    Usually when he shaves.

Comment

Good heavens. That's close to where I live. Am I in danger of being touched up?

Comment

Working...
                      X