• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top 25 Passwords of 2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Many years ago, I was converting a database to encrypted password. Before I did I ran a count and sorted by popularity.

IIRC, password was the most popular, but charlie featured highly which was a bit odd. Then various premiership football teams.
    Could that be something to do with Charlie Chang (as in "Chan"ging ones password)?

I'd be the first to agree it sounds a bit tenuous; but who knows what goes through these people's heads?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      What makes me laugh is the tens of thousands of sad fuqwits who buy lottery tickets with "predictable" sets such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.

Those numbers are no more or less likely to come up than any wrandom set; but the very fact that so many people choose the same sets means their individual winnings would be derisory even if they did win.

It's people like that who blame bankers for today's financial crisis, and unfortunately they actually have the vote.
      If I stand for election I will change my surname to Aardvark first.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        His wife?
        No - mines far worse than that

Comment

Last contract I was at, the permies took some solace in giving people stupid passwords.

I once got:
          comeandhaveagoifyouthinkyourehardenough

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Could that be something to do with Charlie Chang (as in "Chan"ging ones password)?

I'd be the first to agree it sounds a bit tenuous; but who knows what goes through these people's heads?
            Was Charlie a dreamboat ?

In Barlloyds c2000
            in an access database, I was amused to find that half the birds had the male dreamboats name as the pw
            and half the blokes had the office vixen as theirs

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Many years ago, when I was managing a team of junior Devs, I once needed to phone one of the lads to ask for his password so that I could access some code he had forgotten to check in before leaving.

With great embarrassment he told me it was: efmbbbsbm

Emea Fixer My Big Bad Boss Sits Beside Me

For about a month afterwards, the poor chap blushed every time I spoke to him.

Comment

Originally posted by EMEAfixer View Post
                Many years ago, when I was managing a team of junior Devs, I once needed to phone one of the lads to ask for his password so that I could access some code he had forgotten to check in before leaving.

With great embarrassment he told me it was: efmbbbsbm

Emea Fixer My Big Bad Boss Sits Beside Me

For about a month afterwards, the poor chap blushed every time I spoke to him.
                heh heh
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  half the birds had the male dreamboats name as the pw
                  EternalOptimist ?

Comment

Working...
                  X