• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time Sheets.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Black.
    I think most contractors have some idea of what their permie counterparts are earning and most contracts I have been on I've earned substantially more than the perms. Otherwise I wouldn't be contracting. You can just have a quick look at jobserve to see what you'd expect to get as perm.
    Hidden costs, the average permie wil get six weeks leave including bank holidays and Christmas. Six weeks off for sickies, another six weeks off for courses. That makes 7.5 months working. Even if lazy permie is on £40k that is £38 per hour plus employers contributions (£48 per hour).

NOT SO CHEEP.
    HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

On top of that they do hardly any work, so actually work out a great deal more expensive.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        On top of that they do hardly any work, so actually work out a great deal more expensive.
        Permiedom blood suckers. Just a bunch of suit wearing crack whores.

Comment

Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
          Just a bunch of suit wearing crack whores.
          Excellent phrase LL , I shall note this phrase for my next interview for tedious questions such as, put into words the first thing that come into your head about your previous team colleauges.

Comment

Permies

Originally posted by threaded

Some are good - most know how much contractors make and adjust their workrate accordingly.

I've got a couple with me atm and one can drag an afternoons work out for a fortnight and the other has done feck all for the last two weeks - now I'm not having a pop if I was making the cash they were I'd certainly take it easy, all part of the deal.

Contractor purges make me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by ME
              ]I've stayed quiet for long enough on this one and here comes my CUK ritual suicide....

Mailman you really are a big fucking cunt.

What makes you think you earn so much more than everybody else? especially as you do indeed spend more time posting than coding - though probably less time than you spend wanking. You TWAT

Hey look everybody - I'm still here !

Comment

Wow - he's mad !
                I don't know my arse from an hole in the ground

Comment

Originally posted by supremepods
                  I've stayed quiet for long enough on this one and here comes my CUK ritual suicide....

Mailman you really are a big fucking cunt.

What makes you think you earn so much more than everybody else? especially as you do indeed spend more time posting than coding - though probably less time than you spend wanking. You TWAT
                  LOL.. I dont usually post on these forums.. but that was great!

Comment

Originally posted by Clog II The Avenger
                    Hidden costs, the average permie wil get six weeks leave including bank holidays and Christmas. Six weeks off for sickies, another six weeks off for courses. That makes 7.5 months working. Even if lazy permie is on £40k that is £38 per hour plus employers contributions (£48 per hour).

NOT SO CHEEP.
                    Six weeks off sick and six weeks on courses? You work in the public sector right?
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by 3ill
                      LOL.. I dont usually post on these forums.. but that was great!
                      Well if you like a bit of mailman bashing here's one I prepared earlier...

Originally posted by Supremepods
                      Originally posted by Mailman
                      You and me both buddy! Come on house crash! Perhaps we need another terrorist attack to bring prices down in a hurry?

Mailman
                      Buddy ???

Are you still here Mailman you fucking idiot ?

If you really did have any money you wouldn't be waiting around for a price crash you'd just be getting on with it like the rest of us. As for praying for terrorist attacks ? Really - you've just showed yourself up for the twat that you are.

Comment

Working...
                      X