• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On religion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Can't see the relevance of discussing Christ's existence. Ron Hubbard was undoubtably a real person, does that add even one iota to the arguments in favour of Scientology? If he had never existed and somebody else's ideas had been wrongly ascribed to him, would that prove Thetans do not exist?
    Being a Christian fundamentaly requires the belief that Christ existed. Possibly more so than the belief that god existed, thje example he set is meant to define the life, not a strong belief in god as such. Possibly that is more the catholic perspective than the other christian religions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Every supposed word he said was written down by people long after he was dead. Maybe he was a bipolar or schizophrenic dude with lots of charisma.
      My view is that he was a political and religious leader of the Pharisaic tradition, who was executed following a botched uprising in Jerusalem.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their illnesses.

May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free.

May the powerless find power, and may people think of befriending one another.

May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--the children, the aged, the unprotected--be guarded by beneficent celestials, and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
          May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their illnesses.

May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wilderness--the children, the aged, the unprotected--be guarded by beneficent celestials, and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.

How is that all working out so far?
          The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Jesus claimed to be the son of God.

Was he mad?
            Well that really is the question.

I think he lived but it could be said he was just a loonie.

Comment

Doesn't he have living descendants? Or was that just a film?
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post

May all people everywhere take charge of their own destiny and stop relying on the crutch of religion to sort their problems.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Doesn't he have living descendants? Or was that just a film?
                  Just a film.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Well that really is the question.

I think he lived but it could be said he was just a loonie.
                    Very interesting that a loonie could have such an impact on History.

Was it Browne Issue who described Christianity as "An extra marital affair gone seriously wrong"?

One thing is sure - these days discusssing religion on cuk is as dangerous as discussing the army.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      One thing is sure - these days discusssing religion on cuk is as dangerous as discussing the army.
                      Salvation Army?
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X