• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This "Jimmy Savile" thing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fear that he does 'look' guilty from what's coming out. But trial by media is not the way to go. Whole thing makes me glum.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      WHS

we should villify a man I say we should send down Mich The (I'd do 'em) Tester and throw away the key.
      What ? Bore them to death?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        In this country especially due to the press we have you are guilty until proven innocent, you only have to remmember the landlord of the girl from Bristol who was destroyed by the press.

having said that there does appear to be a massive amount of evidence against him but still the question remains why now and not while he was alive
        The newspapers have been much more coy since the guy in Bristol. The general public love a bit of this salacious gossip though. It does seem though that we are seeing the backlash of free sex in the late 60s/70s. Those naughty Carry On Films, those sexy St Trinians films? If you liked those, you're all a bunch of dirty lechers.

Of course, the fact we have the highest rate of teen pregnancy in Europe & kids of the rails who think they are untouchable in every way shape or form, those adults from yesterday who had some lechy bloke slap their bottom they all want a piece of this new 'outraged' society.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Those naughty Carry On Films, those sexy St Trinians films? If you liked those, you're all a bunch of dirty lechers.
          I thought they were crap, but then for much of my youth I lived on 'le continent' where hardcore pron was much more readily available.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I thought they were crap, but then for much of my youth I lived on 'le continent' where hardcore pron was much more readily available.

You don't like Carry On!

Matron! Take him away!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just reading in The Metro of a nurse who was in hospital recovering from an operation herself and witnessed Sir Jimmy molesting a mentally handicapped girl. As she says "there was nothing I could do". Well maybe not at the time, but you could have spoken up afterwards.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Just reading in The Metro of a nurse who was in hospital recovering from an operation herself and witnessed Sir Jimmy molesting a mentally handicapped girl. As she says "there was nothing I could do". Well maybe not at the time, but you could have spoken up afterwards.
                She did nothing? Don't nurses take an oath?

FFS

Comment

...especially a nurse.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

^ Exactly this.

I don't doubt he was a dirty old lech but some of these stories are so far fetched it beggars belief e.g. there was a hospital patient on the news this morning claiming that while she was in hospital it was kind of a standing joke that when he was due to arrive, the nurses would say whose gonna be the lucky girl today to be taken to his room! She claims the nurse told her to pretend to be asleep till he'd gone! Yeah right!

I cannot believe in a million years, even in the 70's that this would be acceptable practice, kinda like the morning doctors round, sheesh.

Trouble is of course, if there really are any real victims of real abuse, their claims will be devalued to the point of dismissal by this wild rumour making.

And yeah I agree with the poster who said 'compo?'

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                      ^ Exactly this.

I don't doubt he was a dirty old lech but some of these stories are so far fetched it beggars belief e.g. there was a hospital patient on the news this morning claiming that while she was in hospital it was kind of a standing joke that when he was due to arrive, the nurses would say whose gonna be the lucky girl today to be taken to his room! She claims the nurse told her to pretend to be asleep till he'd gone! Yeah right!

I cannot believe in a million years, even in the 70's that this would be acceptable practice, kinda like the morning doctors round, sheesh.

Trouble is of course, if there really are any real victims of real abuse, their claims will be devalued to the point of dismissal by this wild rumour making.

And yeah I agree with the poster who said 'compo?'
                      Originally posted by from the metro
                      June Thornton, a former nurse, said she was recovering from an operation when she saw Savile abuse a child.

She said: ‘[The girl] had brain damage and Jimmy Savile came in and kissed her.

‘I thought at the time that he was a relative. Then he started kissing her neck and running his hands up and down her arms and then started to molest her. Because I was laid flat on my back, there was nothing I could do about it.’
                      Unbelievable. Please can we have the Daily Mail run a piece on "June Thornton, Former Nurse" and why she hasn't been hauled before the "Nursing and Midwifery Council"?

Comment

Working...
                      X